Droid 1/2 Extended Battery

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Also give it some time for battery to condition. It took me about a week until I got the best out of it.

tnronin

Reaction score
Thanks Johnny. I really do miss having the battery life of 3-4 days. But I DO love the utility of this thing. After all what do you expect from a mini hand held computer??? LOLz

Justaguywithabike

Reaction score
utimatejuice

I downloaded the app sugested here to save the batt life... and once I did it does not show up. I bought the paid version, anyone know much about it? Thanks... i will be getting that battery as well tomorrow. I use the cardio trainer app alot when I am on bike ride to track my progress and miles and after just about 5 hours it dies. So I will need the extra battery life for a bike ride I will take to florida in april.

Leftyswinger

Reaction score
Lingosbox

Hello,

I ordered the 3500 battery from the Lingosbox.com post on page 42. I'm still waiting for delivery...the seller said it takes 7-12 days!!!

Has anyone else bought one?

bilallucky

Reaction score
It really suck that they did not make this accessory for the D1, especially with the amount of battery power that it uses.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah but the D2 battery works great in the D1 :)

V

volando

Sorry for being lazy, but instead of reading 43 pages and comparing all the different batteries mentioned can someone quickly say what's the current best battery for the droid (d1, but d2 is the same battery-wise i'm assuming)? Looking for as much juice as possible that fits into a regular case...

konjiki7

Reaction score
Rooted Droid on BB 6.2.1
Slayer 1250-125 kernel @ 1250mhz
Cpu governor ondemand

Wipe battery states immediately after installing battery.
Charged at 9:00pm

11:00pm after hours of angry bird and xscope browsing. 90%

5:00am a morning of music and checking weather+news etc 80%

Phone is no-longer on wifi at this now
Random gaming speed test etc... 4:02pm 50% I also noticed lower temperatures on the cpu and battery itself. My phones alot happier @ 1250 now.

konjiki7

Reaction score
Update!

8:39am the next day 30% not much usage this morning.

All in all I'm very impressed with this battery and would recommend it to any droid owner.

If you use the droid one docking bay from Motorola you can simple apply a little pressure to bend the usb connection forward slightly. It didn't take very much to allow the new Droid battery door to fit.

RenegadeX28

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the extended battery but which one is the best one? I'm scared of the battery heating up. I over clock my droid and at 800mhz under moderate usage, the battery will easily jump over 104 degrees

jeffe65

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the extended battery but which one is the best one? I'm scared of the battery heating up. I over clock my droid and at 800mhz under moderate usage, the battery will easily jump over 104 degrees

If you're talking 104°F, that's a normal operating temperature for my phone under almost any circumstances (other than idle), except for really heavy processing. At 1250Mhz it'll go to 52°C (125°F) under heavy use, which is where I have SetCPU set to slow it down. I'm using the BP7X battery from Verizon, and it's been great.

RenegadeX28

Reaction score
For my phone, my normal operating temp when on idle is like 85 degrees. Once it jumps to 104 degrees, my phone starts getting really warm. The keyboard feels warm, and even the cover on my Droid gets noticeably warm. Is there a link on the Verizon Wireless site to get the extended battery?

WindsorFox

Reaction score
I got my Droid 2 extended battery today, it has a 90% charge and I tried a couple of combinations to fit it in my Seidio Innocase Rugged. The best fit was to leave the extended battery door OFF and click the inner plastic clam shell back piece over the battery and then install the silicone cover and the hard plastic outer shell. It fits perfectly. Just the phone alone with the extended door installed it fits fine in the OEM hinged belt clip.

I had to do this because the less than 2 year old original battery started dying quickly for some reason. Normally I'd get four or five days on a battery, lately I've had to charge it everyday.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
4 or 5 days??? Did you use it??

I got my Droid 2 extended battery today, it has a 90% charge and I tried a couple of combinations to fit it in my Seidio Innocase Rugged. The best fit was to leave the extended battery door OFF and click the inner plastic clam shell back piece over the battery and then install the silicone cover and the hard plastic outer shell. It fits perfectly. Just the phone alone with the extended door installed it fits fine in the OEM hinged belt clip.

I had to do this because the less than 2 year old original battery started dying quickly for some reason. Normally I'd get four or five days on a battery, lately I've had to charge it everyday.

DroidForums Junkie!!