$30 Dollar/Month Unlimited 4G LTE Data Plan Available with Thunderbolt - For Now

cullenisprime

Reaction score
You are right TheOldFart the hotspot is only until May 15.

Oddly, not that we always believe them, but...The manager at my Verizon Wireless corp store, where I just bought the TB, said we would NOT have to start to pay for hotspot if activated before May 15th.

The mobile hotspot is nice to have but once this baby is rooted it doesnt matter

skunkmilk

Reaction score
what if you dont buy a phone off them my wife just got the TB i have the DX how is her account differnt than mine will the account be change to 4g or just her line ?

slinky

Reaction score
Don't listen to anyone who tells you about "grandfathering" regarding data. If a contract is over, it's over and the terms say you're month to month. VZW will charge you. I would only rely on the term of your contract as the terms of your data price staying the same and assume nothing.

When the economy gets tougher, and it will, I have every reason to believe VZW will start cracking down on high data users, especially given 4G likely providing very high download numbers. I'm sure video streaming will become a problem.

Anyways, I'm out of here guys... It has been fun. If you need to reach me, there is always my contact form and I might surface on occasion.

Reaction score
if you have 4g unlimited data locked into the contact wont you always have that even if you upgrade to a new phone in 2 years?

tycedeano

Reaction score
Don't know if it's been addressed anywhere else in the forum, but I talked to a customer service rep on the phone to ask about the status of the talk/text/+data promotion status with upgrading to the thunderbolt (called number from flyer). I was informed there should be no change to the promotion and had one ordered. So far there has been no change to my promotion on the verizon website, but he gave me his number in case anything should change. Looks promising, if those of us with the promotion can get grandfathered into unlimited 4G data with the promo... dancedroid
I was worried about losing the $20 promotion when I upgraded to TB, but I got my first bill since then today and it's still there!

geoff5093

Reaction score
if you have 4g unlimited data locked into the contact wont you always have that even if you upgrade to a new phone in 2 years?
Not necessarily, if you buy a phone at a discounted price you will be signing a new year year contract, and they may require you to choose a current plan.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, if you buy a phone at a discounted price you will be signing a new year year contract, and they may require you to choose a current plan.

VZW's new favorite customer will be the ones who use 2 gigs a month and keep buying retail so they can keep unlimited data they don't need.

Zog

Reaction score
remote torrent clients will be a necessity in the near future.