[ROM] 3/11 - CleanROM ICSE 3.7 ★| ICS 4.0.3 | Sense 3.6| More Tweaks! | True Art ! |★

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
My battery has been really great. Lasting a lot longer than it was before I flashed his ROM

HowardZ

Reaction score
What exactly is the "old firmware patch" ?
Does it modify the radio firmware?
Or does it modify cleanrom to be able to work properly with the older radio firmware?

I assume I'll need this "old firmware patch" as I am coming from GB .11

Howard

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the "old firmware patch" ?
Does it modify the radio firmware?
Or does it modify cleanrom to be able to work properly with the older radio firmware?

I assume I'll need this "old firmware patch" as I am coming from GB .11

Howard

The old firmware patch allows newer ICS leak ROMs to run on GB firmware. It's package in with Scott's ROMs and will prompt you during the install process.

Ryblueyez

Reaction score
I know this is probably a total noob questions, but I have no experience in roms or rooting. My phone is rooted, I saved the files from the first post on my SD card, which of the files is actually the ROM its self? I just wanna make sure so that I don't wipe my phone before I know exactly what to do. Thanks for any and all help!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably a total noob questions, but I have no experience in roms or rooting. My phone is rooted, I saved the files from the first post on my SD card, which of the files is actually the ROM its self? I just wanna make sure so that I don't wipe my phone before I know exactly what to do. Thanks for any and all help!

Take a look at the guide in my sig. It should help explain things.

Ryblueyez

Reaction score
I havent tried it yet, but I am guessing from reading the link in your sig that my problem was unzipping the files once I downloaded them? Does anyone know if this ROM flashes the Kernel for you automatically or not?

Ryblueyez

Reaction score
The first time I unzipped the whole file unsing WinRAR, I have everything installed on my phone now, but for some reason Im not getting any connection to the network? Just the little "x" beside 5 empty bars. Has anyone had this problem before?

Ryblueyez

Reaction score
And everytime I try to reboot back into recovery its says
Parsing...(SD ZIP)
[1] BOOT
DO you want to start update?
[VOL UP] Yes
[VOL DOWN] NO

I have already done the update 3 times, but the prompt still comes up everytime I try to reboot into recovery ?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The first time I unzipped the whole file unsing WinRAR, I have everything installed on my phone now, but for some reason Im not getting any connection to the network? Just the little "x" beside 5 empty bars. Has anyone had this problem before?

Is the back cover on your phone? For the other thing, do you see a "mainver" error pop up really fast on your screen?

Ryblueyez

Reaction score
I think the cover was the problem. How come when the phone isn't rooted, it will still get service without the back cover on it? I, haven't been able to pick up 4G since I installed this ROM either, just 3g? Any ideas? Did anyone else have that problem?

HowardZ

Reaction score
The old firmware patch seems to have an audio library and mounting points.
It appears to not contain any radio firmware changes.

Ryblueyez

Reaction score
Alright, I know you all are tired of me posting my problems here lol. My one last problem is that I cant get the wireless tether to work. I have tried 4 different programs, and I have followed the instruction for wireless tethering one the original post(Change device to Galaxy Nexus LTE, Change set-up method to Netd(Master), and allow rooting fix) I have granted it permission in super user. It still doesnt give me any Upload or Download speed. The only thing I see different from that post is that I never got a prompt or anything that says "Allow Rooted"? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in Advance! Sorry for all of my problems.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You did everything right...it works for me on CleanROM DE. If you're not running wifi tether 3.1-beta11, then try that version.