2014-2015 season NFL Chat

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Every year we have a thread where we discuss everything football whether it be pregame smack talk, during game smack talk, post game smack talk, fantasy stuff, or just plain NFL talk period. So as we near kick off of the 2014-2015 season with the defending champions seahawks (oh how bad it hurts saying that coming from a 9er fan) hosting the Packers of Green bay. So if you need a place to chat, vent (keep it clean), or cheer here is the place. Welcome back NFL football.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Should be a good game tonight!
Everyone in my neck of the woods is either a Broncos or Seahawks fan. I'm not a fan of either team, so ill be rooting for the Packers tonight.

tap'n on my S5

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Failmary redemption please.

And for Sunday.......GO EAGLES

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Not gonna lie... Seahawks look dangerous this year....

And dezy, to correct your statement for Sunday.. GO RAVENS

Sent from my XT1060

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not gonna lie... Seahawks look dangerous this year....

And dezy, to correct your statement for Sunday.. GO RAVENS

Sent from my XT1060
They're an improved team, which is scary. They have a legitimate chance of repeating because they have basically the same team and just plugged in players to make them even more dangerous. Especially with Harvin, he's gives the offense a whole different dynamic, as we saw in the superbowl.

Ravens and Dolphins.....nah never was a fan of either :p

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Their defense looked vulnerable against the same thing the Colts used last year to beat them, the fast paced offense. Why the Packers got away from it is a mystery. It would've been a scoring slug fest had they stayed with it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether Seattle has gotten better (Scary!) or Green Bay has gotten worse.

As a Broncos fan, I'm still terrified of the 'Hawks, but I'm still happy as hell the season is here.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether Seattle has gotten better (Scary!) or Green Bay has gotten worse.

As a Broncos fan, I'm still terrified of the 'Hawks, but I'm still happy as hell the season is here.

Last night, to me anyway, was an indication that it was a little of both. Green Bay offense is a little worse due to injury but their defense looked about the same as last year. Seattle's offense looked better than last year by quite a bit to me .
I still think it'll be Denver vs New England for the right to get slaughtered in the Super Bowl by an NFC West team, perhaps the Cardinals if not Seattle. The Seahawks were the only team not to get penalized during the pre season for defensive holding or pass interference, even with the refs throwing the flags line crazy at those in other games so if they continue like that they'll be there again barring serious injury to key players

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last night, to me anyway, was an indication that it was a little of both. Green Bay offense is a little worse due to injury but their defense looked about the same as last year. Seattle's offense looked better than last year by quite a bit to me .
I still think it'll be Denver vs New England for the right to get slaughtered in the Super Bowl by an NFC West team, perhaps the Cardinals if not Seattle. The Seahawks were the only team not to get penalized during the pre season for defensive holding or pass interference, even with the refs throwing the flags line crazy at those in other games so if they continue like that they'll be there again barring serious injury to key players

It's still early, but I still only think Seattle can put a whoopin' on Denver this year. I don't think St. Louis or Arizona has nearly the same D as Seattle. Seattle has the best defense I've seen in 20 years watching the NFL.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So good to see football back on Sundays. At the local sports pub watching all the games

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's still early, but I still only think Seattle can put a whoopin' on Denver this year. I don't think St. Louis or Arizona has nearly the same D as Seattle. Seattle has the best defense I've seen in 20 years watching the NFL.

I see a lot of comparisons to the 85 Bears defense by commentators and "experts". I'd agree, perhaps the best in the last 2 decades but if you look at all the scores that 85 team was a part of, the games were not anywhere near as close as the scores. It was as if their defense was in the opposing teams huddle and had their playbook to boot. That was also back when receivers could legally be jacked up and those Bears did it with no remorse . To say they were punishing the other team would be an understatement.
At any rate it's good to see the regular season kick off with such a decent first week schedule overall.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my 9ers defense is looking horrendous, thankfully romo keep handing us gifts. We have a long way to go before we can even think about competing with Seattle or anyone in our division.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Eagles....I can't even describe the type of game I watched. I'm just thankful for that comeback victory.

I do know that 2yrs of my life was cut short though.