NFL 2015-2016 Season Talk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Panthers%20Jaguars%20Football%20(1)

Pre-Season is over and now we prepare to march toward Superbowl 50 in San Francisco. So as we talk about the ups and downs here in this thread, feel free to share your thoughts for this year's season.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
0628ab59dd65d0ecbb46e35c038cd155-original.jpg
In case you had any doubt.

It is a new season, new team, and Ndamukong Suh is still finding himself involved in another "dirty player" controversy.

Just sayin'

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Suh is a dirty player, plain and simple. I never liked the guy and for him to not think what he does on field is all within the rules and good sportsmanship, that's a load of crap.

That being said, Eagles don't play til tomorrow and I'll be at work :(

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Mariotta impressed.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Eh, I think Suh gets a lot of grief due to his aggression. Has he made a mistake or two? Yes. Do I think he's a dirty player? No. I really don't think this was intentional. I see a lot of stuff like this but not get the attention like Suh does. I've seen a linebacker body slam a quarterback and people just praised him for being a beast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Great comeback by the Cowboys. I actually turned it off towards the end since I thought the Giants had it and to my surprise when I put on SportsCenter. :eek:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Great comeback by the Cowboys. I actually turned it off towards the end since I thought the Giants had it and to my surprise when I put on SportsCenter. :eek:
Jennings had 2 chances to score and they didn't. Word is now that he was told not to score. Absolutely terrible call by whoever told him that. Why wouldn't you take a 10pt lead with under 2min to go?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice victory for the 9ers but definitely have a lot of cleaning up to do, especially in the secondary. Russell Wilson is not Teddy Bridgewater, he will do a better job running and making plays down field. Seattle's passing game is way too good for us to be getting lost in coverage.

We got away with one with our poor special teams play and mental errors (drive killing penalties) early as well.

Good win overall, especially for Week 1 with all the mishaps. And loving how they are running the ball. I felt like that was the key element that was missing last year. Take the ball out of the hands of Kap. and get backs involved where we are controlling the clock and setting the tone. Not ready to crown the niners as there is much that needs improving. But I have to say Jim Tomsula have me wondering....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kap will not last long trying to be a linebacker. The thing I was most impressed with this weekend was Taylor and the Bills. He looked like Russell Wilson in his second season .

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Kap will not last long trying to be a linebacker. The thing I was most impressed with this weekend was Taylor and the Bills. He looked like Russell Wilson in his second season .

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Actually KAP did much better learning to be a pocket passer. I was impressed, yeah he needs to learn to slide feet first and get out of bounce but he is not as quick to run as before. He is still not as polished as I would like (ie Russell Wilson) but much better.

The Vikings D was not scary so we will have to see how he handle teams like the Rams, Seahawks, and packers. Those teams (especially the hawks and packers) have a D and Qbs on the other side that will make us pay for poor coverage and special teams errors. Had we played those other teams I feel it would have easily been at least 10-0 by the second quarter with those mistakes we made.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The joys of football season. For about as soon as you start celebrating you find yourself pouting, and vice verse where people thinking the season is over are now cheering. It was why I kept telling people at work, it is only Week 1. Teams that look like playoff teams in week 1 could end up drafting #1 by week 16 and teams looking bad week 1 find themselves in the playoffs.

By week 4 or 5 you will have an idea who the contenders are.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good job Chip. You made it your team and it's garbage.

Being an Eagles fan is going to be even more rough this year than usual. And not much of a future since we traded a good chunk of it for Bradford. Have no idea what Chip sees in Bradford...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good job Chip. You made it your team and it's garbage.

Being an Eagles fan is going to be even more rough this year than usual. And not much of a future since we traded a good chunk of it for Bradford. Have no idea what Chip sees in Bradford...
Agree. Bradford just did not look comfortable in that offense at all.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Agree. Bradford just did not look comfortable in that offense at all.
When he was healthy with the Rams I didn't think he was that good of a QB. He's got a rocket of an arm and can throw much faster than Foles, but he doesn't see the field as well.

Why risk the future of your franchise on a QB who's coming off two ACL surgeries and was unproven before the injuries? He's not better than Foles, heck not even Sanchez at this point.

And the fact that we have arguably the "best RB core in the game", and only run the ball what, 12 times last I saw between these 3 RBs? That's a joke. Murray was at 10 rushes at one point and was at -10yds....