2 Questions

Kateycakes

Reaction score
I just got my Droid 2 today and I have two things I am wondering abot that I can't figure out for the life of me.

1) How do I get rid of all the Apps that came on it that I don't want (i.e. Blockbuster, Skype, City ID, etc...)

and

2) Is it possible to add my FB acc to the phone without it making contacts for all my friends? If not, is there a way to hide or remove those contacts from FB?

Thanks so much!

Katey

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum

When you add your Facebook Account the system will prompt you to add/don't add facebook contacts - as far as removing the "bloat" you can always root your device and remove these unwanted applications :)

OP
K

Kateycakes

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Must hve missed that prompt the first time around lol.

What is rooting? (Sorry I'm new to Droid's lol)

OP
K

Kateycakes

Reaction score
It didnt give me an option. I added my FB account and it said "Facebook has been set as the source for contct pictures" or something like that and that's it. No option to not add the contacts or anything. Did I miss something?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting is basically having full system control over your device - here is a link that will help ---> Root Explained

Big Ry

Reaction score
On my D1 I had options for FB contacts, when I got my D2 I did not. Not sure if its a device default or just a FB update that did this.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Moto Blur....
OP, did you get a D2 (Droid2) or a D2G (Droid2 Global)?

On my D1 I had options for FB contacts, when I got my D2 I did not. Not sure if its a device default or just a FB update that did this.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DroidForums junkie!!

LGOP

Reaction score
It didnt give me an option. I added my FB account and it said "Facebook has been set as the source for contct pictures" or something like that and that's it. No option to not add the contacts or anything. Did I miss something?

contacts/menu/display group/choose which contacts you wish to display