First time users for these style of phones

Filorux

Reaction score
Hello and just a quick background. My girlfriend and I have just gotten ourselves Droid 2 phones we always have had just regular phones in the past. We have a few questions if you don't mind helping us out.

1. We want to be able to assign a different ring tone for specific people, but can not figure out how to do this. Example her father she wants Frank Sinatra ringtone, her mother she wants Stewie from Family guy, so forth and so on.

2. I was playing with the social networking app and set up my FB account. What I did not know is that it added a ton of my FB friends to my contact list in my phone. So know when I want to call someone I have a crap ton of contacts. I do not want my FB friends to show up in my contacts list. How can I change this? The only thing I would want from FB is if someone sent me a private message.

3. Being so new to these types of phones, I was looking at the market place and free apps. Are there any apps that would be highly recommended.

That would be all the questions for the time being. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide us.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Answers below.

Hello and just a quick background. My girlfriend and I have just gotten ourselves Droid 2 phones we always have had just regular phones in the past. We have a few questions if you don't mind helping us out.

1. We want to be able to assign a different ring tone for specific people, but can not figure out how to do this. Example her father she wants Frank Sinatra ringtone, her mother she wants Stewie from Family guy, so forth and so on.
Go to the contact you want to change, scroll down to additional info, tap the arrow, scroll down to ringtone.

2. I was playing with the social networking app and set up my FB account. What I did not know is that it added a ton of my FB friends to my contact list in my phone. So know when I want to call someone I have a crap ton of contacts. I do not want my FB friends to show up in my contacts list. How can I change this? The only thing I would want from FB is if someone sent me a private message.
Can't help, I don't use FB.

3. Being so new to these types of phones, I was looking at the market place and free apps. Are there any apps that would be highly recommended.
Handcent SMS, vcast song ID, Amazon, Dolphin HD browser, ringdroid, slick deals, tv.com, astro file explorer. I also recommend the pay apps documents to go for word and excel docs, vignette for the camera, and beautiful widgets.

That would be all the questions for the time being. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide us.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Go in to your contacts and select the contact who's ringtone you want to change. Then hit the menu button and then edit. Scroll all the way to the bottom and hit additional info. There is a setting in there for setting their ringtone.

What I do is if I'm looking for a phone contact I just press the bar at the top of the contacts page and click it. It will drop a bar down and you can select all, google, phone, etc.

Everyones going to have diff suggestions so i'll just say NOT to download any kind of task killer

Welcome to the forums. I answered questions in the quote.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
F

Filorux

Reaction score
Thank you again for the help, I was able to get those taken care of.

phillyphreak

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack this thread but why do you discourage task killer?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Because they're unnecessary in a Linux based OS and usually cause more harm than help. Google even says they're not needed.

Not trying to hijack this thread but why do you discourage task killer?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't want to use the native FB app. You want to download their official app from the Market.

You should remove your FB account from "My Accounts," and that should fix your problem.