Setup questions..

jpetersen5

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a former D1 user that just received a D2. Trying to get it setup in the best manner possible for battery life, etc...but also to keep things how I am used to and at times need...

I dug around for answers to these questions, but haven't found concrete answers yet...If someone could kindly suggest the best setup/preferences/settings, etc...that would be great.

1. I would like my battery to last as long as possible, obviously, but at the same time, I need to have emails coming through even when the phone is "sleeping". If I utilize the max battery saver, it says that it will turn data off after 15 minutes...will this turn off my gmail/touchdown syncing as well, or just web, etc...?

2. I saw somewhere that a setting to use would be to set Motorola Aps to only sync over wifi? I always have wifi off, but figure I don't need motorola aps to sync anyway (do I?) I'm using 1 gmail account, 1 Touchdown exchange account and have my facebook account setup thru blur so that my contacts can have pictures. Not sure what motorola aps are even trying to sync.

3. I tried to just install the FB ap and sync just my contacts that match as I was able to on my D1, but that doesn't seem to work with the D2. FB will show 2 entries under accounts, 1 being the blur facebook login and the other the ap, but when I click the ap icon, it doesn't do anything. Is there no where to actually select sync only those people in my contacts?

4. I have several people in my contact list that are facebook friends with different facebook names. On my D1, I was able to add all my facebook contacts to my contacts and then join those two contacts together and then go back to just those contacts that match and they would stay joined and show as the google name. When I do this on the D2, the name will show the Facebook name, which is sometimes kinda bizarre. How can I make it so that they are joined, but they use the Google name when displaying the contact?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have a D2 but I am sure your questions will get answered, just wanted to say :welcome: to the Forum and congrats on the D2

OP
J

jpetersen5

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

Just to clarify #4 - I am able to link contacts to their facebook contact without a problem, but let's say their name is Jim Smith (so this is what my Google contact shows for them), but on Facebook they go by Jimbo Smith (or something). When I link the 2, the name that shows on my contact list is always the FB name, not the google name.

Dragoro

Reaction score
1) yes till the next time you wake up the phone.

2) setting it to wifi only wont affect any of your email accounts.

3) not sure

4) You can do it on droid 2. Go to one of the contacts, select link contacts, then select the contact you want to link it to.