2 questions about the new Droid X

Fizban22

Reaction score
Alright first of all, does anyone know how much the data plan is going to be? I heard 90 bucks a month which is insane. I'm on a family plan so will that lower my monthly data plan at all?

2nd question... I heard this somewhere but im not sure how true it is.
I heard that if you are eligible for an upgrade anytime during the 2010 year, that you are able to get the Droid X anytime for the $200 renewal fee, given that you upgrade to 2 more years when your actual contract expires. For instance, say if my contract ended August 1st and i would be up for renewal then, i could buy the droid X on july 15 for $200 and my contract would be updated to another 2 years come august 1st.

anybody else hear about this and if its true or not?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Data plans are $30 per smartphone on your plan.
It does seem like a lot, but you can use Google's Google Voice application and have the lowest plan with minutes and texting messaging as possible because with Google Voice, you can set up an account and they give you a number and you can use that for texting, talking, etc. It does take up data, of course you will have unlimited data so it'll be quite alright. But you should ask around about that, just to be 100% sure. :)

Yes, you can upgrade early if you have one available before December 2010. So you say yours ends at August 1st, so you can upgrade on July 15th and your next upgrade will be July 15th, 2012.

Hope that clears things up.

iPirate

Reaction score
Alright first of all, does anyone know how much the data plan is going to be? I heard 90 bucks a month which is insane. I'm on a family plan so will that lower my monthly data plan at all?

2nd question... I heard this somewhere but im not sure how true it is.
I heard that if you are eligible for an upgrade anytime during the 2010 year, that you are able to get the Droid X anytime for the $200 renewal fee, given that you upgrade to 2 more years when your actual contract expires. For instance, say if my contract ended August 1st and i would be up for renewal then, i could buy the droid X on july 15 for $200 and my contract would be updated to another 2 years come august 1st.

anybody else hear about this and if its true or not?
Welcome to the forms...

Don't believe everything you hear!

$90 a month? I think most people get a single line with unlimited text/data and 500ish minutes for $90 a month.

R

RETG

Actually, $90.00 for a complete package is not that far off. I have a blackberry (soon switching to the Android platform) so the prices would be the same.

My monthly bill would run $87.97 (I say would since I receive a pretty good discount) plus taxes (basically another $5.00 for taxes and taxes would depend a lot on what state and city taxes are applied).

This is for:
450 minutes (which I have never exceeded since 90 percent of the people I call are also on Verizon) 39.99
Email & Web for Blackberry 29.99
500 MSG Allowance + Unlimited Msg (Verizon devices) 10.00
TEC Advanced Device Ins 7.99

I do receive a 21% discount on the nationwide talk coverage (-8.40)
and a 20% discount on the Email and Web for Blackberry (-7.99).

One thing to look into is does Verizon offer a discount for where you work. I work for the Federal Government and Verizon offers various discount packages depending on which department you work for. I have a friend who works for GM and he gets a great discount from Verizon too.