Best Buy VW Purchasing a phone.

Rymanh24

Reaction score
Sorry to beat a dead horse, and make a 1,000,000th thread on this probably.

I went to Best Buy in April of last year and signed up for a new 2 year contract on a plan with the OG Droid. Well its now February of this year, and while I still love my phone and will probably make due with this phone for another 2 - 3 months.

I want to upgrade to something better obviously because the OG Droid will become a dinosaur, not obsolete, but a dinosaur.

I'm not due for an upgrade until December 1st, 2011 according to VZW. But I wanted to know if 2 - 3 months from now I could walk into Best Buy and renew or extend or SOMETHING and get a new phone on this plan. OBviously though I want to pay that low price of signing up for a new contract like $200 - $250.

Any tips or ideas on how to go about doing so? Or am I screwed until Deccember 1st?

SlyHusky

Reaction score
According to verizon wireless they got rid of the annual upgrade last month, but you still might be elegible for the yearly upgrade. Just remember though you will miss out on your new every two since they just got rid of that and your new contract will not have it. My suggestion wait till December get your New Every Two discount and upgrade to the December phone push through best buy and you might get a great deal.

I upgraded my wife's phone to a droid inc. in October. It was suppose to extend her account an extra two years. It didn't! I check verizon and it was still eligible for an upgrade. So a month later I upgraded her phone to a samsung fascinate (I took that one), and it went through.

Both phones were free through best buy so I didn't pay a dime for either one(holiday promos).

I think I may have just gotten lucky, it was best buy's free phone friday promo that I got the droid inc. without a renewal contract.