2 problems with 2 different D2G's

JoeHockey

Reaction score
So my kids both goth D2G's in January and both have issues. My son's camera just stopped focusing on anything, turn on the camera and it's just fuzzy (lens is clean). Did a factory reset with now improvement, I'm guessing it's dead?

On my daughters phone it has always been horrible on battery life (despite my best efforts) but last night she showed me the "screen shake". With the phone just sitting there on the home screen it just "shakes" back and forth...not changing launcher screens, just shaking a few millimeters back and forth like a bad TV picture. I'm assuming this one is also dead? I have not done factory reset on this one yet but has anyone heard of either of these problems?

chrisl20

Reaction score
That's the first time I've read of either. What all has been done to said phones? Rooted, rom'd, bloat frozen?....I had some issues w my stock d2g, but running fission has made them disappear, my issues were nothing like those though...mine was 3g cutting out and some phone calls the earpiece volume was nonexistent even though it was turned up to full blast....oh, and my music would stop playing after 2 min and when I hit play again it'd restart the song....so, ill do some searches and see if there's a fix besides putting superuser on their phones....but, my guess is, that they will need a warranty claim..

OP
J

JoeHockey

Reaction score
Both have been rooted, setCPU on them and the one with the camera issues has had some bloat removed.

chrisl20

Reaction score
Im not saying this is the problem, but, I only had problems when using setcpu on my d2g...I think its because there is another cpu slot on the d2g, and no oc apps don't have any settings to ADD that extra step of scaling..... ..my other idea is..if setcpu doesn't work, then I (if I was you) I would try what I did, and flashed fission 2.4.3 via the fission rom manager, I would just download the lite version since the developement has pretty much ceased to exist in past few months...but, I use it, and its stable...and I use it if im not testing other" diet roms" that are being put out...but, hey, its worth a shot, maybe even try to flash one of those diet roms or one of those grd based release's...I've heard,well read, about alot of people having different/odd problems with stock froyo for the d2gs...whether they were in usa or other, I don't remember, but...neways..I hope some of that rambling up there helps or gives you some sort of path to start with....good luck

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Setcpu works fine with the d2g, it reads cpu clock and slots from a system file. OCing apps are what can cause a slot problem

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Stock rom/launchers what? Kinda need some info like that. Saw you said rooted/bloat removed but still...

I've had the screen shake thing a few time, just lock and unlock it and it fixes it for a bit.

I can help ya for the most part but need info

Sent from my Liberated D2G

gsdreams

Reaction score
I had the camera issue. Its a warranty issue call vzw. Not sure about the other issue.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk