2 Problems...Both with the docks

dxuser

Reaction score
First issue is the home dock. It is extremely hard to get in and out of the dock. Just me?

Second is the car dock. I removed the insert and I left the silicon case on and put the X in there. It wasn't real easy but it went in. The real problem is that it "knows" it's in the dock because the dock mode turns on but it will not charge. I removed the case and put the insert back in and I'm good to go. Anyone else? Suggestions? TIA

Reaction score
First issue is the home dock. It is extremely hard to get in and out of the dock. Just me?

Second is the car dock. I removed the insert and I left the silicon case on and put the X in there. It wasn't real easy but it went in. The real problem is that it "knows" it's in the dock because the dock mode turns on but it will not charge. I removed the case and put the insert back in and I'm good to go. Anyone else? Suggestions? TIA

First issue, Definitely not just you. Im bringing back the dock. It really is not a good option for the x. zi hope so one else comes out with a better dock.
I love the phone though.

OP
D

dxuser

Reaction score

First issue, Definitely not just you. Im bringing back the dock. It really is not a good option for the x. zi hope so one else comes out with a better dock.
I love the phone though.

Thanks for the reply. I'm beginning to think that when I look at the number of people viewing this forum (832, 755, etc), I should drop the last number (83, 75). LOL Are there that many lurkers?

Rebycman

Reaction score
What I did was buy a generic phone/gps holder for my semi and plug it in with the car charger. There is an app on the market that simulates the dock (home or car, it lets you choose) without the DX actually being in a dock. This way I can charge the phone, or use all the car dock functions at the press of a button. At night I just clip the DX to the nightstand and turn on the home dock mode and again it gets charged up and I have all the dock functions. The app is called Dock Simulator.

Hope this helps,

/Reby

Crimsongost

Reaction score
My home dock Was a little difficult to remove the phone for the first few weeks now it slides in and out just fine. 2nd i always take my case off to put my phone in the car dock. The only problem i am having is the Micro usb in the back is loose Returning it today and picking up another one.

OP
D

dxuser

Reaction score
I've noticed that it doesn't take much for either dock to trigger their respective dock modes. But I guess with the case on in the car dock it just isn't able to get in there far enough to trigger the charging.

TommyGun

Reaction score
Home dock issues.

Well, what I found is the same problem. Getting my DX into the factory dock was a B*#ch! Then I figured out it just needed a little finesse. Drop the left side (camera side) in first, it goes in at an angle. The gently push the right side down. After about 2 weeks of this, my DX slips in very nicely! Hope this helps. Treat your phone like a woman!

OP
D

dxuser

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I will try it.