Home Button Turns On Phone

osagendn

Reaction score
Ok so I have tried to see if there was a fix and I am not sure if there is a fix. I have and LOVE my Droid X. I also have the Car Dock. So I did not want a case I just want a belt clip. Here is the issue. I typically put the phone in sleep using the button on the top of the phone. When I put the phone in the belt clip it turns the phone on because the case press the home button when it is inserted.

I thought that the only way to turn on the phone was the button on the top. however the Home button turns it on as well. Is there a way to fix this behavior?

Thanks
Neadom

clborden

Reaction score
But isn't it still locked? I would assume it would turn the screen back off in a few seconds. Unless it keeps turning it back on over and over again, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just a thought...

HawaiiDroidX

Reaction score
But isn't it still locked? I would assume it would turn the screen back off in a few seconds. Unless it keeps turning it back on over and over again, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just a thought...

i noticed this too and i was gona say the same thing..if u have ur screen lock checked then the home button just turns the screen on but doesnt allow you to do anything else unless u slide the unlock thing and access the home screen....right? i agree with clborden

Parasol

Reaction score
Yes, this seems to be normal. Out of all 4 buttons, only the home button works, excluding the power/lock button.

Also, after updating to .604, if you press the home button, it will not launch the page where you have all your apps. It will center it to the main screen page (middle, 4, or whatever). As default, double clicking it brings up voice command.

OP
O

osagendn

Reaction score
Yea it does go off WHEN I remember to lock the phone. If I forget then I open my phone to all kind of strange things. Yesterday i opened my phone to a search for boob critics! I was like WTF?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rangerphantom

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt the screen of the DX capacitive? then you souldnt be able to search anything unless it unlocked the screen as well.

OP
O

osagendn

Reaction score
Yea but the searching happens when I forget to lock my phone. The voice search gets activated and it starts searching for whatever it thinks it hears.

vtek63

Reaction score
i would like to know how to stop the home button from turning on the phone as well