Droid x turning on when I want it off

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
OK, being a Newbe I will try to explain my droid problem. I have a nice leather case that clips on the my belt. most offten when I open it the phone is lit up already. When I put it away on stand by the screen is off but lights up numerous times while in the case. I thought the only way this could happen is when you quick touch the start button on top, it took awhile for me to find that the case lightly touches the buttons on the front ,bottom of the Droid, so any slight pressure on the case activates the home button and the phone lights up wasteing battery power. So I wondered is there a way to turn off the "home" button until the phone is taken off stand by , by using the start button on top? The guy at the Verizon store said both the home button and the button on top bring the droid out from stand by and there is no way around that. However in the pass I found phone salesmen are alot like used car salesmen,any help would be great.

Last edited:

dross80

Reaction score
How did you do it? I have a droid 2. My screen will turn off after a minute like it's supposed to. Then it'll pop back on by itself. If I turn it off manually it'll stay off, but I'm not sure.