2 driod Razr's in 10 days

S

stevemills

So I purchased this phone and did the normal set up procedures (add your emails and customize your settings). On the second day when ever I turned the phone on it kept ringing, ringing, etc. No one was calling and even if you hit the call button it still would ring. Turned the phone off and started back up and it kept doing it. Brought it to Verizon and they witnessed it as well. They did a master reset and it stopped but I still requested a new phone as I was still in the 14 day window to exchange/return and just did not want future issues when I was out of the 14 day window. They gave me a brand new phone, re-added all of my emails again and customized my settings. About 2 days later had the phone completely charged up the night before and when I woke up and hit the power (it was in standby mode) nothing happened. Thought that ok, maybe the power drained as I have heard battery issues with 4g. Plugged in the phone and it would not charge (nothing happened). So I hit the power button and the volume down and somehow that got it to power on again. At this point I had general concerns about this phone and as I was still in the 14 day window did not want to deal with this for 2 years. Maybe it was just these two phones but just did not leave a good feeling with me. So I went back to Verizon to return it and they wanted to charge me a $35 restocking fee. I refused to pay this as this was technical issues vs me returning it since I did not like the look and feels so they waived it. Had them hook my Driod Eris back up (dont laugh ya its an old phone) and will now wait until the nexus comes out.

I must say that the phone itself was great, just wish it did not have these issues. As for 4g when you are in a strong 4g area its amazing but if you are in an area that has weak 4g strong 3g it keeps going in between 4g and 3g which kills the battery which from what I have read is a Verizon 4g issue vs a phone issue.

Hopefully you guys are having better luck with your Razr.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I got my X. It bricked the first day I got it when it tried to install Froyo without my permission. That phone was a POS. It made me embarrassed when my friends were around because it would always run slow and freeze. My second one was better.

X

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I purchased this phone and did the normal set up procedures (add your emails and customize your settings). On the second day when ever I turned the phone on it kept ringing, ringing, etc. No one was calling and even if you hit the call button it still would ring. Turned the phone off and started back up and it kept doing it. Brought it to Verizon and they witnessed it as well. They did a master reset and it stopped but I still requested a new phone as I was still in the 14 day window to exchange/return and just did not want future issues when I was out of the 14 day window. They gave me a brand new phone, re-added all of my emails again and customized my settings. About 2 days later had the phone completely charged up the night before and when I woke up and hit the power (it was in standby mode) nothing happened. Thought that ok, maybe the power drained as I have heard battery issues with 4g. Plugged in the phone and it would not charge (nothing happened). So I hit the power button and the volume down and somehow that got it to power on again. At this point I had general concerns about this phone and as I was still in the 14 day window did not want to deal with this for 2 years. Maybe it was just these two phones but just did not leave a good feeling with me. So I went back to Verizon to return it and they wanted to charge me a $35 restocking fee. I refused to pay this as this was technical issues vs me returning it since I did not like the look and feels so they waived it. Had them hook my Driod Eris back up (dont laugh ya its an old phone) and will now wait until the nexus comes out.

I must say that the phone itself was great, just wish it did not have these issues. As for 4g when you are in a strong 4g area its amazing but if you are in an area that has weak 4g strong 3g it keeps going in between 4g and 3g which kills the battery which from what I have read is a Verizon 4g issue vs a phone issue.

I would have given it one more chance with another unit. My wife and I both of Razrs, (both came from the Eris too!), and haven't had any issues. I know it seems like just bad luck to get two bad units but it can happen.

superdave25

Reaction score
Happy Bionic owner

I had a problem with my Bionic that kept turning back on. The apps kept deleting after I moved them to the sd card. I thought it was an issue that an update would fix, so I unrooted my phone back to stock. I found out there was 8gb set aside inside just for apps. I then rerooted my phone and it does not turn on by itself anymore. My wife got my Droid X with Gingerbread and it reboots every time. I will root it and see if that fixes it, since there will not be any updates for it.