2.3 Update

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
A non-rooted?
You will have to wait for the over the air for that.
How would you put the new ROM on your phone if you are not rooted?
I put the non-rooted version on my phone and lost root when I did.
2.3.4 is snappy, the phone seems to turn on much faster leading me to believe that it isn't really turned off but in a "sleep mode"?

I could've swype somebody mentioned one where you just download it without having to be rooted. Knew it sounded weird, must have misread it. My bad.

The most incredible, incredible!

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
FWIW & FYI--Last week, I was getting the message to download the update but kept pushing the "download later" button. Haven't had the update offer pop up since.

Maybe you can only hit it so many time before it makes you wait a while?

KidCuda

Reaction score
I think he's looking for the non-rooted OTA. But I may be wrong.

Yes I'm looking for the non-rooted version. I'm guessing HTC phones have a different process, as I'm used to Moto phones where you can just put the update.zip on the SD card.

I non-rooted so I don't have to wipe her phone over again if another rooted updated comes out.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Yes I'm looking for the non-rooted version. I'm guessing HTC phones have a different process, as I'm used to Moto phones where you can just put the update.zip on the SD card.

I non-rooted so I don't have to wipe her phone over again if another rooted updated comes out.

Lemme look and see if I can find it. I think I recall seeing it on another forum.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, people have received it and posted in this thread. It appears VZW has halted the rollout to address issues that have popped up but should be ready to continue the push once the bugs are worked out.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Yes, people have received it and posted in this thread. It appears VZW has halted the rollout to address issues that have popped up but should be ready to continue the push once the bugs are worked out.

Hopefully they're worked out quickly. I'd love me some gingery goodness =)

huskerfanron

Reaction score
My incredible 2 is not working with the alarm after the 2.3 update. How can I have a alarm working with this phone now?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My incredible 2 is not working with the alarm after the 2.3 update. How can I have a alarm working with this phone now?

Might need to switch over to a 3rd party alarm until they work out the bugs....

aethies

Reaction score
Well, just to report back after a few days.. Maybe it has been a week. But I don't understand all the issues that people are having with the update. I haven't had one issue with the alarm clock, or anything. After I rebooted a couple of times, it is running fast, stable and no issues!

Hope this helps.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Well, just to report back after a few days.. Maybe it has been a week. But I don't understand all the issues that people are having with the update. I haven't had one issue with the alarm clock, or anything. After I rebooted a couple of times, it is running fast, stable and no issues!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update! I'm hoping they start rolling it out again soon.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
good to hear Aethies.

you didn't happen to bring the OTA file with you did ya? :p