2.3 Update

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
good to hear Aethies.

you didn't happen to bring the OTA file with you did ya? :p

MAY have a file to post for you guys waiting for the update. Just checking to make sure it works on non-rooted phones.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
MAY have a file to post for you guys waiting for the update. Just checking to make sure it works on non-rooted phones.

Oooooooooh :) I may have to take you up on that offer. I like when people offer me gingerbread :)

The most incredible, incredible!

jbwiden

Reaction score
If this release is having issues would it not be a good idea to wait?

kmo

Reaction score
Personally, I think this ota update is dead. This Incredible has been a great device but at this point it is an out dated phone. I still love my INC but I also realize that in today's fast paced tech market this phone is OLD. It's held up well but why would VZW or HTC put any more effort into keeping it updated when there are so many new devices out. Also, why is it taking so long to fix the bugs? This is why I support the developers and aftermarket roms that are available to us because this phone is dead in the mobile phone market. If you really want GB I have one word, ROOT. I'm waiting for the Google Nexus Prime. My phone will hold me till that release is out....

jbwiden

Reaction score
Every phone is outdated in about 2-3 months... updates occur because phone plans last 2 years and it shows that the next phone you buy from that company will have updates for its life.

kmo

Reaction score
I think 2-3 months is a bit exaggerated but I agree that most Android phones will be surpassed in a relatively short time. I don't think the 2 year contract has anything to do with which phones will get updates. To this point I don't know of any Android device that has had updates for life. The only phone in that category is the (should I dare say it) the iphone....I think Google in the long run is working toward that direction.

JLSchutt

Reaction score
Checkin Succeeded

I spent some time with Gina on the Verizon Wireless "chat" facility today regarding my Incredible and the fact that I haven't gotten the GB update yet. First she asked me to dial *#*#2432546#*#*. When that failed to dial the correct number but instead caused my home phone to ring, we were both baffled. Then she had me power down my phone and did something magical at her end. After the phone came back up she had me dial *228 and select option 1 to program the phone. She said within two minutes to an hour I might get a notification of the update. Nothing happened for 3 or 4 hours. A few minutes ago I got a "checkin succeeded" notification. However, Settings/About phone/System updates still tells me that I am up to date on Android 2.2. Does all this mean that I am on the way to getting an update notification?

--Jim--

kmo

Reaction score
I've dialed that sequence of numbers many times and always got "checkin succeded" with no results....there is no way to force an update that I know of.

kck

Reaction score

Enlightened you would make my day too I feel I have become obsessed over a silly update that is consuming my time.
Please Set me Free :huh:

JLSchutt

Reaction score
I bought my phone from Amazon Wireless last October. You don't suppose that would put me lower on the update priority list, do you?

jwezesa

Reaction score
I believe if its the ota gb file all you need to do is rename it to update.zip. enter stock recovery and do update.zip

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

kmo

Reaction score
I bought my phone from Amazon Wireless last October. You don't suppose that would put me lower on the update priority list, do you?
These OTA updates are pretty random as to who gets them and when....

MrBultitude

Reaction score
Hey all...so I've had my update for about a week. Love my dinc and would like to say all is awesome but...

The good:
I do notice it is a bit snappier.
Power up is super fast...power down is only sleep now?

The not so good:
Battery life is no better (this is really all I wanted from this release).
New icons...to me they are less attractive than the old ones.
Some new bugs have shown up:
Keyboard gets stuck open sometimes when it should have closed...have to press menu twice to get it to go down.
Powered it down and have seen the capacitive lights still on!!!...don't think that is good???
First thing I did when I got the update was I did a factory data reset to kind of start from scratch (I do this every so often and new update seemed like a good time). Since then (a week) I have been stuck with the old market. New Market won't show up. Any ideas on this one? Tried the starting the market then pressing home to leave it up...still no update.

So anyway, that is my experience. Wish I could say more more good but just not feeling it.