2.3 Update

yana

Reaction score
Sorry. Kinda new to this forum. Signed up but rarely visited. Nevertheless, I'd like to add a comment to this discussion. One morning this week I woke up to my Dinc automatically updating operating system. Didn't understand the ramifications until I let it go dead to charge it today. Checked the system version when I restarted, and it turned out to be 2.3.4. And I did not root my phone. My question: What does 2.3.4 have that 2.2 didn't?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

On my phone it turns on faster, the screens move from one to another smoother, doesent freeze as much when u turn it off now they have a restart button..i like them so far :)
Also havent had many "force close" either.
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No luck for me either, just checked. Was watching my Eagles this morning:)

kck

Reaction score
I just read over on incredible forum.com that the OTA Update has been stopped so some of the reported issues could be fixed.

I guess I need to forget about it again for a while, I was really hoping for this weekend.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I just read over on incredible forum.com that the OTA Update has been stopped so some of the reported issues could be fixed.

I guess I need to forget about it again for a while, I was really hoping for this weekend.

Could you give us the link to this please? :)

The most incredible, incredible!

E

Emtronics

My 3rd VZ line, the one with the DINC did indeed get the update a few days ago and it's been a paper weight since. Low memory errors all the time and I have removed all 3rd party software. The phone locks up moving between screens and heaven help ya if you try to send a text message. VZ store Tech was baffled also and said this update has been the biggest headache they have had. VZ is offering to exchange the phone but the last thing I want is another DINC. So much for the big roll out.

jbwiden

Reaction score
Try Menu->settings->running services and see how much ram you have left...

You may just try a hard reset... but I would assume that they tried that at the verizon store.

kck

Reaction score

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
My 3rd VZ line, the one with the DINC did indeed get the update a few days ago and it's been a paper weight since. Low memory errors all the time and I have removed all 3rd party software. The phone locks up moving between screens and heaven help ya if you try to send a text message. VZ store Tech was baffled also and said this update has been the biggest headache they have had. VZ is offering to exchange the phone but the last thing I want is another DINC. So much for the big roll out.

Emtronics... I'm done replying to you. You only have negative things to say. I'm done. Nobody wants to hear you whine. So please stop trolling.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
OG Droid Incredible Will Soon Receive Gingerbread Update 2.3.4 - Page 3

Hope I did that right first time posting a link
Post #29 from cybertech69

I woke this morning and I had two updates found and when I clicked on it it said I needed to log on to my google account to verify my device and then they dissappeared.

How do I log in to my google account?

I wouldn't put to much store by that. It hasn't been verified, and he's not a confirmed source.

People are always saying it's been pulled even they some get it. And the global 2 release got pulled for bugs, but I haven't seem anything confirmed about the incredible yet

And you should just be able to click on your mail icon and sign in to it. Seeing as google is always signed on for email.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Still no update, then again it is only 9am PST.

Braves and Emtronics, i wanna be peacemaker, I have another forum to enjoy peoples' arguments but this forum is not it.

Braves: you think he's trolling and only has negative things to say, no need to respond to him, he's throwin out the bait and you're biting everytime. Obviously he thinks the Incredible was a bust, especially after all the talk of GB, so he moved on to the iPhone. Why he posts negative things about the Inc here, I don't know why, but it don't bug me. As they say "to each their own":happy:

Emtronics: C'mon, no need to keep posting in here doubting something that's already proven to roll out, slowly but surely. Glad to hear that you are happy with your iphone, but no need to come here to bash a phone you no longer own. You weren't happy with it and you've moved on, so you can definitely move on from this forum or at the very least this topic...

This is a site for knowledge and help, not a board where the rest of us need to see other members argue...

kck

Reaction score
Bravesfan thanks for verifying that the other forum was not reliable. I didn't put a lot of faith in it I just wanted to pass along what I read. By the way I absolutely love my incredible and the thought of an update making it even better has got me very anxious.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Still no update, then again it is only 9am PST.

Braves and Emtronics, i wanna be peacemaker, I have another forum to enjoy peoples' arguments but this forum is not it.

Braves: you think he's trolling and only has negative things to say, no need to respond to him, he's throwin out the bait and you're biting everytime. Obviously he thinks the Incredible was a bust, especially after all the talk of GB, so he moved on to the iPhone. Why he posts negative things about the Inc here, I don't know why, but it don't bug me. As they say "to each their own":happy:

Emtronics: C'mon, no need to keep posting in here doubting something that's already proven to roll out, slowly but surely. Glad to hear that you are happy with your iphone, but no need to come here to bash a phone you no longer own. You weren't happy with it and you've moved on, so you can definitely move on from this forum or at the very least this topic...

This is a site for knowledge and help, not a board where the rest of us need to see other members argue...

You're right dezy. I'll just ignore him from now on. Maybe the dingos can jump to this forum and help out :)

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Bravesfan thanks for verifying that the other forum was not reliable. I didn't put a lot of faith in it I just wanted to pass along what I read. By the way I absolutely love my incredible and the thought of an update making it even better has got me very anxious.

I'm not saying it's not 100% reliable. I'm just saying it hasn't been proven.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You're right dezy. I'll just ignore him from now on. Maybe the dingos can jump to this forum and help out :)

I know you want to stick up for what's good with the Inc and help spread the good news, but there's always someone out there that's always going to disagree, unfortunately you found Emtronics on this forum, lol.

You seem like a good and active poster, and from what I've read from your posts you've been helpful so you're a positive contributing member to me. Arguing will only get you and emtronics in trouble, and I'd rather see Emtronics be gone than you, as he hasn't contributed anything worth mentioning. I noticed the mods gave a couple warnings earlier in the thread and although you're trying to help, sometimes just arguing will warrant a ban on forums, especially one like this and I don't wanna see that happen.

now back onto thread topic, you get your update yet?