2.3.340 OTA Auto-DeoDexer!

sephtin

Reaction score
OK so there is no way to get back the odex without wiping it back to stock?

I am new to this, but I do also miss 928droid. I was able to get back to odex for the .340 update without wiping and going to stock.

Nah, I think there are other ways... I believe there's a 2.3.340 system .sbf, and not 100% sure, but pretty sure there's a 2.3.340 system .zip

the5barrons

Reaction score
OK so there is no way to get back the odex without wiping it back to stock?

I am new to this, but I do also miss 928droid. I was able to get back to odex for the .340 update without wiping and going to stock.

From what I've read, there is only a system sbf for 340.

"what evrrrrr"

B

budmonster

got a couple quick questions...

1. im currently on stock with just root. so right now my phone is odex, correct?
2. when i flashed this "23340_OTA_DeoDexer.zip" it will make my current phone deodexd? and i can then theme, etc.?
3. this zip just changes the apks right? it doesn't affect the phone in any other way?

schneid

Reaction score

1. im currently on stock with just root. so right now my phone is odex, correct?
2. when i flashed this "23340_OTA_DeoDexer.zip" it will make my current phone deodexd? and i can then theme, etc.?
3. this zip just changes the apks right? it doesn't affect the phone in any other way?

+1 and ditto above. I am knew to Droidom and Xdom from WM6.5. I want the answer too.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

+1 and ditto above. I am knew to Droidom and Xdom from WM6.5. I want the answer too.

Welcome to the forum.

And yes the above is correct. If you plan on theming on your stock ROM you will have to do some searching for themes compatible. I suggest going to the theme section and looking at carlz28's executive red theme. Very complete and looks good.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

B

budmonster

Auto-DeoDexer

Welcome to the forum.

And yes the above is correct. If you plan on theming on your stock ROM you will have to do some searching for themes compatible. I suggest going to the theme section and looking at carlz28's executive red theme. Very complete and looks good.

I flashed the maderstcok update.zip a couple days ago so i could start fresh. so im fine to use this Auto-DeoDexer? i just put it on sdcard and flash?

sephtin

Reaction score

Welcome to the forum.

I flashed the maderstcok update.zip a couple days ago so i could start fresh. so im fine to use this Auto-DeoDexer? i just put it on sdcard and flash?

From maderstcok (which is clean 2.3.340), this would be a great method to Deodex... IF you need to deodex.

What is your intention? If you plan to stay on stock MotoBlur, then deodexing allows you to install themes on top of stock blur.

If you are just going to install a ROM, a ROM will replace the entire /system directory (including all of the files that get deodexed by the auto-deodexer, or the 2.3.340 deodexed/rooted system .zip file mentioned in this thread.. rendering them moot).

Short version: If you plan to stay stock MotoBlur, but wan't to theme.. yes, this will do what you're looking for!

B

budmonster

Welcome to the forum.

From maderstcok (which is clean 2.3.340), this would be a great method to Deodex... IF you need to deodex.

What is your intention? If you plan to stay on stock MotoBlur, then deodexing allows you to install themes on top of stock blur.

If you are just going to install a ROM, a ROM will replace the entire /system directory (including all of the files that get deodexed by the auto-deodexer, or the 2.3.340 deodexed/rooted system .zip file mentioned in this thread.. rendering them moot).

Short version: If you plan to stay stock MotoBlur, but wan't to theme.. yes, this will do what you're looking for!

yeah i want to stay on stock but theme things here and there to my liking so im guessing this auto dd method would be the best way? why is the file so big though, its like 50mb+?

so all i do is flash this over maderstcok and im good to go?

EDIT: can i also use this after i flash the auto DD? [MOD] Uncapped Data/No Throttle for Apex 1.3/1.31 and Stock Deodexed 2.2.1 only

Last edited by a moderator:

sephtin

Reaction score
bump, anyone?

Sorry, didn't reply, because I thought I had answered that very question in my post.

The size is because it's basically replacing most of the odexed files in /system with deodexed versions... if that makes sense... so you're replacing a ton of files (I'm guessing all zipped up, about 50mb worth, as you put it)...

And yes, if you're looking to deodex, then this method will work on 2.3.340 (maderstcok is pretty much stock 2.3.340). Just be sure to follow the directions in the first post very carefully.

Other method I mentioned before, is to simply replace the entire /system directory with an already deodexed/rooted 2.3.340 build via this method:
2.3.340 Deodexed System only .zip — sephtin.com

Both should leave you with a freshly deodexed 2.3.340 system dir.

B

budmonster

bump, anyone?

Sorry, didn't reply, because I thought I had answered that very question in my post.

The size is because it's basically replacing most of the odexed files in /system with deodexed versions... if that makes sense... so you're replacing a ton of files (I'm guessing all zipped up, about 50mb worth, as you put it)...

And yes, if you're looking to deodex, then this method will work on 2.3.340 (maderstcok is pretty much stock 2.3.340). Just be sure to follow the directions in the first post very carefully.

Other method I mentioned before, is to simply replace the entire /system directory with an already deodexed/rooted 2.3.340 build via this method:
2.3.340 Deodexed System only .zip — sephtin.com

Both should leave you with a freshly deodexed 2.3.340 system dir.

thx sep for the help. one more thing lol. there shouldnt be a difference in speed between madstokc and reg stock. like before i flashed madstokc, my stock w/ root was fast. now it seems laggy ever since i flashed mad, maybe its just me.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Will this work with other stock rooted motodroids like the D2/D2G/Dinc?

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

sephtin

Reaction score
Will this work with other stock rooted motodroids like the D2/D2G/Dinc?

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

NO. Not unless the 2.3.320, and 2.3.340 upgrades were EXACTLY the same for those devices (and they were NOT).