2.2 update breaks wired headset

droidname

Reaction score
Using a stock 2.1 Droid X, I could use my wired Motorola headset to initiate the voice command menu. For example, I could press the button on the wired headset and start a phone call (e.g., by saying "Call John Smith Work"). Following the 2.2 update, however, pressing the button on the wired headset no longer initiates the voice command menu; instead, it starts the music player. Pressing the button again stops the music player. However, no amount of pressing or holding the button initiates the voice command menu. Interestingly, if I receive an incoming call, I still can press the button on the wired headset to answer it; however, when the call is over, the music player starts. Has anyone else had this problem?

stantastic

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Tried several techniques like holding down the button for a couple of seconds and nothing, just the music player playing. Hope there will be a fix for this.

splotkin

Reaction score
I am having the same problem but worse. If I am listening to music and a call comes in, the music will stop and the phone will ring through the headset. When I press the button to answer the phone it sends the caller to voice mail. I called Motorola support about this and they said it was the headset. They sent me a Motorola headset to test and it still had the problem. They told me the phone was bad and to return it to Verizon. The manager at the local Verizon store tested a droid x with new software and wired headset and confirmed the problem on three different phones with upgraded software 2.2. I called back moto and they said they will "look into it" but it is not their problem as the software is from google / android. Sound familiar........

philkryder

Reaction score
I am having the same problem but worse. If I am listening to music and a call comes in, the music will stop and the phone will ring through the headset. When I press the button to answer the phone it sends the caller to voice mail. I called Motorola support about this and they said it was the headset. They sent me a Motorola headset to test and it still had the problem. They told me the phone was bad and to return it to Verizon. The manager at the local Verizon store tested a droid x with new software and wired headset and confirmed the problem on three different phones with upgraded software 2.2. I called back moto and they said they will "look into it" but it is not their problem as the software is from google / android. Sound familiar........

I had the same problem.

MOTO says that 2.2 works for them.
so,
they sent me a new MOTO headset which still fails.

How does one report a problem to GOOGLE?
isn't this a GOOGLE problem rather than a MOTO problem?

do other 2.2 devices have the same problem?

philkryder

Reaction score
Using a stock 2.1 Droid X, I could use my wired Motorola headset to initiate the voice command menu. For example, I could press the button on the wired headset and start a phone call (e.g., by saying "Call John Smith Work"). Following the 2.2 update, however, pressing the button on the wired headset no longer initiates the voice command menu; instead, it starts the music player. Pressing the button again stops the music player. However, no amount of pressing or holding the button initiates the voice command menu. Interestingly, if I receive an incoming call, I still can press the button on the wired headset to answer it; however, when the call is over, the music player starts. Has anyone else had this problem?

last night I found this
app called
CHOICE DIALER

it has restored and improved the function of the WIRED MICROPHONE BUTTON.