2.2 rooted wish to update to 2.2.1 but I messed with the bloatware...help?

Delirious17

Reaction score
I don't care about root immediately I just want 2.2.1 but I unknowingly messed with the bloatware (I reinstalled them and froze them in titanium)

What would be the easiest and SAFEST way to go to 2.2.1? Root is not important immediately...it can always come later. If a system wipe is necessary so be it.

Thank you guys again for being such a helpful community :)

OP
Delirious17

Delirious17

Reaction score
I tried it and it failed with "apply_patch_check("/system/app/vvm.apk". and a bunch of letters and numbers
Status 7 installation aborted.

vvm.apk was one of the files I accidentally removed but thought I reinstalled...

amavit

Reaction score
I don't have any advice, but I get that same error with city id. I reinstalled it but for some reason it wont work.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
The .apk files are case sensitive and I believe you have to have all of them for the update to work. I believe the voicemail apk is Vvm.apk instead of vvm.apk. I'm sure there's a list somewhere on this forum with all the stock programs. It's a slow process, but you can do the update and see which files they can't find and add them back that way with the correct capitalization. I had to do that a couple of times before the update finally installed. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Delirious17

Delirious17

Reaction score
I have VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf in my possession...would applying this help?

Also can someone point me in the right direction as to how to apply this the easiest safest possible way? Thanks again! :)

liferefugee

Reaction score
Use the flashing program from your desktop to apply the base file you have, that worked for me. This update is very sensitive.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

maderschramm

Reaction score
SBFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

and sbf flash will fix your issue. If you have tbh's app installed then there even should be an sbf for 2.2.1, otherwise just sbf 2.2 and apply the update manually.

My signature has a tutorial (it's also stickied at the top of this forum)

Garandhero

Reaction score
I'm rooted and have bloat frozen with titanium and I patched ota no problem.....

OP
Delirious17

Delirious17

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help! vvm.apk and vvm.odex were missing from my system files...weird :p