i cant unroot please help

fbcalidude

Reaction score
Hi i accepted the new 2.2.1 update now my root doesnt work. I read that to apply new update with z4 you must unroot. Well i tried but cant do it maybe it is because i had bloatware frozen but since i dont have superuser permission anymore i cant use titanium backup to unfreeze could someone help me getting my phone unfreeze unrooted and rooted again please thank you

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi i accepted the new 2.2.1 update now my root doesnt work. I read that to apply new update with z4 you must unroot. Well i tried but cant do it maybe it is because i had bloatware frozen but since i dont have superuser permission anymore i cant use titanium backup to unfreeze could someone help me getting my phone unfreeze unrooted and rooted again please thank you

Ok a few questions, did the update fail? Did the unroot fail? I'm sorry but I'm a little hazy on thee overall situation but I'm sure with some more info I can help you.

tappin and a talkin

OP
F

fbcalidude

Reaction score
hi thanks for trying to help me, yes my phoe updated from 2.2 to the new 2.2.1 (2.3.340). today i tried to use wireless tether and thats when i notice my root wans't working.
i have tried the superone click i have tried the z4 and i havent been able to get my phone rooted again i think its because i have apps frozen but now that i dont have superuser i cant use titanium to unfrezze the apps and unrooted

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok well unless you rooted again after the update and froze the apps then they shouldn't be frozen anymore. Try following the multiple phones root them unroot them to try and reroot the phone. I have heard of some people having trouble using one click root methods after the update but the method in my sig still works fine.

tappin and a talkin

OP
F

fbcalidude

Reaction score
i suppose the unrooted is faillimg because i still see the super user icon on my apps and also when i run the z4 root it goes thru the process then it reboots and then i try to run wireless tether but it says no root access

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok that's what's happening. You didn't unroot before the update right? If so the update unrooted you and now z4root is failing because superuser is already in existence. Now the catch is if you could remove super user then you could reroot with z4 but su is a system app which you can remove unless you're rooted, complicated I know. Anyway that multiple phones link will get you where you need to be and I am sure I can help you if you need it.

tappin and a talkin

OP
F

fbcalidude

Reaction score
ok thank you i will try to that link thank you for your help

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Spaz is the man!!

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
F

fbcalidude

Reaction score
ok im in this step Change to the /tmp folder on your phone, copy the file to the tmp directory, change its permissions. run it, and wait. what file do i copy???

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya that's the only part of the guide that's confusing. That is explaining what the next steps will do.

tappin and a talkin

OP
F

fbcalidude

Reaction score
im in step 4 ./rage*.bin and tellms me access denied what do i do???

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would suggest forceclosing the terminal emulator and trying again. Make sure you pay attention to where the spaces appear as they are important.

tappin and a talkin