Please help...I can't update??

ups2525

Reaction score
Ok...I was Z4 rooted...defrosted all apps on Titanium Backup Pro...went back to stock on DroidX Overclock...used Z4 1 click unroot...accepted the 4.5.596 update...it will download reboot but prompts me that the update was unsucessful...

Here is what I'm currently on...
System version is 2.3.340.MB810.Version.en.US
Android version 2.2.1
Kernal version 2.6.32.9
ERI version 5

I guess I should ask what is the 4.5.596 update?

Another question for the bad a!@ members here...I cant get my corporate Exchange to auto sync. Im getting my inbox but it has a significant lag to it...please help?

Last edited:

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Use the 2.3.340 sbf to flash back to stock, that will remove the alternate recovery. Then try and update again. If that doesnt work let me know and i will get you a link to do it on the leaked .596

.596 is gingerbread

OP
U

ups2525

Reaction score
WOW...that was such a fast response...THX!

I'm somewhat of a newbie so can you PLEASE step me through using the 2.3.340 sbf to flash back to stock? I'm sorry for the elementary question but I dont want to make mistakes. Im running Altered Beast v5 with the EE4 update on my Droid Charge with no mistakes along the way so I can follow instructions. I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR WILLINGNESS TO SHARE...THATS COOL! :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

mjedgington08

Reaction score
I am currently having almost the exact same problem....i rooted my droid x using z4root then used bootstrap recovery to flash a liberty rom...i didnt really like it so i used bootstrap to flash back to the stock settings...I recently tried to update to the "official" gingerbread update but received the message that says update unsuccessful...is restoring the factory settings the only option to fix this and if so, is it absolutely necessary to flash the .sbf files before restoring the factory settings.
thanks for the help!

ABQNM

Reaction score
Everyone keep in mind that the stock OTA 596 GB upgrade cannot be rooted at this time, so if you want root, you need to install the 2 part update in the below thread. It is recommended to install from a FroYo fresh SBF (you may be able to install just fine over the stock froyo, but SBF is better). Make sure to wipe data and cache though, and you will lose all apps and settings so make a backup with titanium if you want the apps all back easily.

Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone