2.2 failed to help, need a replacement.

Reaction score
My phone seems to be having some problems that persist, I was going to return it, but thought I might see if 2.2 would help, instead it made my signal have less connectivity and my Droid slower.

My question is, Do I need to revert my phone back to 2.1 before I call Verizon again since I installed this update myself, and Verizon didn't push it to my phone?

And also, are they going to send me a refurb? I bought a brand new phone, it was a brand new phone that didn't work correctly, and personally I don't want some phone that some other person has had their sweaty hands all over.

Also, I have had this phone since Christmas, so I am still within the 1 year replacement right?

Any answers would greatly be appreciated, thank you.

xliderider

Reaction score
Yes, you need to go back to 2.1 before taking it back to Verizon. Use the links and guides in post #4 and 7 in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/65648-questions-re-unrooting-ota-update-froyo.html

Yes, you are still within the 1 year warranty period.

Yes, you will most likely get a refurbished Droid. Not much you can do about it. Why you would expect a brand new phone after having it for 8 months is beyond me. :confused:

Specifically, what kind of problems are you having?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone seems to be having some problems that persist, I was going to return it, but thought I might see if 2.2 would help, instead it made my signal have less connectivity and my Droid slower.

My question is, Do I need to revert my phone back to 2.1 before I call Verizon again since I installed this update myself, and Verizon didn't push it to my phone?

And also, are they going to send me a refurb? I bought a brand new phone, it was a brand new phone that didn't work correctly, and personally I don't want some phone that some other person has had their sweaty hands all over.

Also, I have had this phone since Christmas, so I am still within the 1 year replacement right?

Any answers would greatly be appreciated, thank you.
If you are not rooted then just take it back to Verizon. They wouldn't have any idea that the update was OTA or installed by you. They know people got the update OTA yesterday.

If you're rooted then you need to go back.