2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinJ

Reaction score
So all this is supposed to start - from all accounts - on March 18th.

But what year?

(Sorry, couldn't help it ;))

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
if I use helix, will I still have the live wallpaper with the 2.1 update?

Yes you will.

nice, now if only helix would update with a 3d drawer, also the helix on the app store is for 2.0.1, so with the update for 2.1 will be able to use the same helix app on the app store?

No, Helix on the app store is for 2.1, and later was made compatible with 2.0.1.

Helix2 is the 3D launcher version. ESE53 (in the leaked form) does not have the ability to use any 3D launcher. It will be interesting to see if the OTA can.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Yes you will.

nice, now if only helix would update with a 3d drawer, also the helix on the app store is for 2.0.1, so with the update for 2.1 will be able to use the same helix app on the app store?

No, Helix on the app store is for 2.1, and later was made compatible with 2.0.1.

Helix2 is the 3D launcher version. ESE53 (in the leaked form) does not have the ability to use any 3D launcher. It will be interesting to see if the OTA can.

thanks for clearing that up

yourname93

Reaction score
lol i thought that the update was today because my computer clock said the 18th. so how will the roll out work? like in stages? or all at once or what?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just set up Helix with 5 screens for 2.01, will I need to redo it when 2.1 comes out or is Helix 2.01 the same now as 2.1?

Yes you will.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its one and the same.

As long as your data doesn't get wiped, i dont forsee much changing.

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Just unrooted and eagerly awaiting the arrival of our 2.1. Its like Christmas when you are little, you know you aren't getting EXACTLY what you want but for some odd reason I'm still excited even though I've already used everything that comes in the update :blush:

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Its like Christmas when you are little, you know you aren't getting EXACTLY what you want but for some odd reason I'm still excited even though I've already used everything that comes in the update :blush:
I'm pretty excited myself : )

I'm looking forward to seeing how 2.1 runs on the device.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Maybe I will go back to stock so I can feel the excitement too :D

If you fine folks can note: Please post your build.prop file for me once you get the update, if possible.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just unrooted and eagerly awaiting the arrival of our 2.1. Its like Christmas when you are little, you know you aren't getting EXACTLY what you want but for some odd reason I'm still excited even though I've already used everything that comes in the update :blush:

Yea and the google update is like the small present ya got to open on xmas eve just to shut ya up..

Status
Not open for further replies.