16GB Memory

ken545

Reaction score
Do you feel it would be worth the extra money to get the Galaxy S3 with 32GB memory? I know on a computer that more memory is better.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Same principle... but you can always stick a 32 or 64gig SD card in it and make up for it :) I personally would get the 32... but that's me.. if I were on a budget, the 16 would suffice..

mike0164

Reaction score
I would get the 32GB version if you can afford it; I did. You cannot use the external storage for applications on the S3 at this time, so the SD card is only good for music, pictures, books and some other data files. Depending on how many apps you download, the 16GB version may run out of memory (don't forget the base OS also uses that memory).

OP
K

ken545

Reaction score
I kind of figured that, more memory makes things run better. My contract on my Droid Charge with Verizon runs out in about 5 months and a gal I work with got the Galaxy S3 and I was real impressed with it.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I would get the 32GB version if you can afford it; I did. You cannot use the external storage for applications on the S3 at this time, so the SD card is only good for music, pictures, books and some other data files. Depending on how many apps you download, the 16GB version may run out of memory (don't forget the base OS also uses that memory).

This. Unless you plan on rooting, you can't install apps to the SD card. If you install a lot of large apps (particularly games), the 32GB version is definitely worth it because you'll find yourself running out of space quickly on the 16GB version.

If you don't install a lot of apps, but prefer to have a lot of media (music, videos, pictures, etc) and personal files, then I say go with the 16GB version and put the extra money towards a 64GB microSD card. That's what I did, and it's worked out exceptionally well for me.

So, in my opinion, if you install a lot of apps, go with the 32GB. If you need a lot of storage for media and personal files, go for the 16GB model and get a 64GB microSD card.

And extra storage memory doesn't really make things run better. It's extra RAM memory that does. And the S3 is still up at the top of the smartphone world in that regard with 2GB of RAM in both the 16GB and 32GB models. Either one will run exactly the same. :)

snowman

Reaction score
I bought a 32 gig on e-bay for 25 bucks works great