1.2 oc'd TEST KERNEL by Adrynalyne

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm really excited to bring you this test kernel from Adrynalyne!

This is the 1.2 GHz overclocked kernel from DAS BAMF 1.3 with some slight modifications

First of all, I want you guys to know this is a TEST kernel. There might be problems. This is given to you guys to test problems not to fix them. No support will be given.

Okay now... on to the fun stuff.

If you use Adrynalyne's kernel with SetCPU, you probably know about the smartass governor.

With this test kernel, smartass runs the show.
If you have SetCPU installed and setup, it will not allow this kernel to do all of the modifications below. It is recommended that you either uninstalled it or turn off your profiles and turn off set on boot on your main profile.

BACKUP BEFORE YOU FLASH. Then flash it like you would any other ZIP.

Download

NEW MODIFICATIONS
- When your screen is off, your CPU will automatically run at 245 MHz max and min
- When it wakes up, your CPU will ramp up to 576 MHz
- When CPU load > 60%, CPU freq ramps up
- When CPU load < 30%, CPU freq ramps down

This is to HOPEFULLY get rid of the need for SetCPU to set CPU speed.

PLEASE give your feedback to me through PM or here and I will definitely pass them on to Adrynalyne!

Hope you all like it!

Last edited:
OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
None so far. Adrynalyne just wanted me to let you guys know and I quote:

No support. It is a test to find problems, not fix em ;)

mthorn79

Reaction score
Had an issue this morning, rebooted about 2 min in surfing the web...upon start tried it again and rebooted a second time. It was just the verizon website, nothing special. Im back to stock kernel for now.

Sent from my Tbolt from Tapatalk

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Had an issue this morning, rebooted about 2 min in surfing the web...upon start tried it again and rebooted a second time. It was just the verizon website, nothing special. Im back to stock kernel for now.

With this kernel? Or the regular 1.2GHz one

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
This kernel was just released. I just went to CNN.com, Droidforums.net, google.com, (once there I clicked on links) as well as the VZW site. No reboot for me.

mthorn79

Reaction score

Whichever one was on ROM Manager...didnt know there was more than one 1.2gz kernel out there?

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score

Whichever one was on ROM Manager...didnt know there was more than one 1.2gz kernel out there?

Well... there's this one... in the download above... which is a modified 1.2 GHz one... then there's the official already released 1.2 GHz one included with Das BAMF 1.3 and in the ROM Manager.

mthorn79

Reaction score

Well... there's this one... in the download above... which is a modified 1.2 GHz one... then there's the official already released 1.2 GHz one included with Das BAMF 1.3 and in the ROM Manager.

So your running the version from this page w/o issues then?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yep, not having any issues - and I tested out several websites. Me likey not having to run SetCPU (I paid for the app so I'm not against it) but I prefer not to have to run it if I don't have to.

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
So far

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mthorn79

Reaction score
Yep, not having any issues - and I tested out several websites. Me likey not having to run SetCPU (I paid for the app so I'm not against it) but I prefer not to have to run it if I don't have to.

Well I tried the other one w/o setcpu and it rebooted but it looks like this new version is setup to try and ditch setcpu...

mthorn79

Reaction score
Just tried this one and rebooted while texting...I dunno but my phone does not like these kernels. Kudos to yours if they work.

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Does droidforums app ever have problems with being able to post? I just tried to post and it said null data type. Don't thnk its a problem with the kernel because I could send data and browse without any problem.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited: