ZOMGWTFBBQ! Tired of Android leaks, how about a Sapphire leak -cvpcs/sniffle stay out

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Themes that install using the update.zip method replaces the framework, and I heard this one has framework settings, so you lose those features.

"Framework settings"? what does black bar mod break? Vanilla Android is fine and dandy .. except for that stupid white notification bar.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Themes that install using the update.zip method replaces the framework, and I heard this one has framework settings, so you lose those features.

"Framework settings"? what does black bar mod break? Vanilla Android is fine and dandy .. except for that stupid white notification bar.

Sorry, lost my train of thought while typing there...

I meant that they changed the framework some more, while between 0.7.0 to 0.8.4 he didn't. That is why themes worked fine without messing anything up to that point. Now themes will replace the new framework, thus losing those new changes.

Last edited:

Mikejl

Reaction score
I like the new CPU controls in the Gem Settings. All that is missing is the profiles and I can retire SetCPU.

Mike

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score

I meant that they changed the framework some more, while between 0.7.0 to 0.8.4 he didn't. That is why themes worked fine without messing anything up to that point. Now themes will replace the new framework, thus losing those new changes.

OK, so I was good with my original thought that black bar mod works fine. (I couldn't see how it could not as it only changes the notification bar). Thanks for the clarification. It's late for me as I have to get up at 5am for a freaking early meeting and i was being stupid.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

OK, so I was good with my original thought that black bar mod works fine. (I couldn't see how it could not as it only changes the notification bar). Thanks for the clarification. It's late for me as I have to get up at 5am for a freaking early meeting and i was being stupid.

It replaces the whole framework though... Yes it only changes the noti bar, but it is replacing the 0.9.5 framework with the 0.7.0 framework. Not good.

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
now it all makes sense. damn white notification bar here i come.

microsnook

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but is there a changelog :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This thread is blasphemy : )

Sent from my Droid

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Why thank you!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fichdak

Reaction score
does this have any actual advantages over cyanogen rc2? I used sapphire before but switched to cyanogenmod because everyone was saying it was the best thing since sliced bread. cmrc2 is good, fast, and customizable and I don't really want to go through the pain in the ass of wiping/restoring/etc for a new rom unless it's worth it.

so what do you guys thing?

the one thing i specifically miss about sapphire is that the reboot option when you hold the power button gives an option to reboot into recovery, but that's all i can remember

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
does this have any actual advantages over cyanogen rc2? I used sapphire before but switched to cyanogenmod because everyone was saying it was the best thing since sliced bread. cmrc2 is good, fast, and customizable and I don't really want to go through the pain in the ass of wiping/restoring/etc for a new rom unless it's worth it.

so what do you guys thing?

the one thing i specifically miss about sapphire is that the reboot option when you hold the power button gives an option to reboot into recovery, but that's all i can remember

I think Sapphire is also good, fast, and customizable.

That said, you may want to either stick with the latest official release, Sapphire 0.8.4, or wait for the next official release which should be in a couple of weeks. You'll get better support that way - not to say that we won't give some people a hand with this test build, but it's not as much of a priority (think CM alpha builds).

I used CyanogenMod's eclair builds for a long time - I'm sure they're putting out great work as usual - but I think Sapphire is worth checking out. I will be using it exclusively for the foreseeable future.