I'm taking my talents to south beach! - Not really tho!

JoelWRX

Reaction score
Sorry to all basketball fans for the corny title, I just wanted to let everyone here know that I will be OFFICIALLY supporting black bar mod for Sapphire.

Many people here don't know me, but I am a regular over at Cyanogen Mod. I used to love his source built ROMs but I don't like his device/vendor set up for the DROID and much prefer the Sapphire set up. Also, there are other reasons.

Sapphire will be my main ROM of choice when building the black bar mod and I will continue to release it first on Sapphire, starting with Sapphire 1.0. For all my CM buddies here, I will still support CM just not as quickly or regularly update.

For everyone who doesn't know my work I encourage you to give it a shot, its a theme option for 0.8.4 already.

Anyone have any questions, requests?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I for one am glad to hear it. I wouldn't change a thing, the reason I run your theme is because it's lean and mean. :)

Wilk

Reaction score
Sorry to all basketball fans for the corny title, I just wanted to let everyone here know that I will be OFFICIALLY supporting black bar mod for Sapphire.

Many people here don't know me, but I am a regular over at Cyanogen Mod. I used to love his source built ROMs but I don't like his device/vendor set up for the DROID and much prefer the Sapphire set up. Also, there are other reasons.

Sapphire will be my main ROM of choice when building the black bar mod and I will continue to release it first on Sapphire, starting with Sapphire 1.0. For all my CM buddies here, I will still support CM just not as quickly or regularly update.

For everyone who doesn't know my work I encourage you to give it a shot, its a theme option for 0.8.4 already.

I love the black bar mod, its currently what I have on my droid. Only thing I'd like to see is a slightly themed dialer and a bit more fancy notifications when window is dropped down, otherwise great job and keep it up

maybbmay

Reaction score
Love the theme been using it for a few days now. Keep up the good work.

OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score

I love the black bar mod, its currently what I have on my droid. Only thing I'd like to see is a slightly themed dialer and a bit more fancy notifications when window is dropped down, otherwise great job and keep it up

OK, I can kinda see something like that, fair warning I wont get extravagant. I have the same theory as cvpcs Android is good the way it is don't change it unless you need to.

A short explanation on my theory is the smaller I can compress and keep the images and update file, the less bloated your ROM will get!

Love the theme been using it for a few days now. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Do you guys like the colored notification icons? Who you like a stock option?

RevivaL

Reaction score
at first the colored notification icons through me off, but I really enjoy them now. I haven't had one complaint!

brochaos

Reaction score
love your stuff man, and thanks for the .0.9.5 framework. i'm gonna sound like an arse, but 99% of the themes out there just aren't my thing. too bright, too colorful, too many patterns, etc. the best theme, from any perspective, is one that is useful 24/7 and productive. blackbar does this.

Falcyn

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the theme -- it's just what I'd imagine "stock" would look like if it were black instead of white (if only!).

The one suggestion I'd put out there is this: I'm not a huge fan of the graphic used on the bottom of the notifications drop-down, the one with the series of dot indentations on either side and a single dot in the middle. It seems a little out of place; a little too utilitarian and less-sleek compared to the rest of the theme. I'd personally rather see something without the dots -- something maybe with rounded edges, or even just a dark version of the stock graphic.

I also wouldn't mind an option for the stock notification icons, like you had for Cyanogen, but that's not a big deal at all.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Joel big fan of yours!!!

maybbmay

Reaction score
I personally like the multicolored notification icons. I think it does well seperating those icons from the rest of the bar.

As long as you keep this simple and clean, I'll be a fan!

wingdo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I go back and forth between Black Bar and Black Glass. I love the simplicity of Black Bar and it does seem speediest. Colored notifications are much preferred by me.

Wilk

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I go back and forth between Black Bar and Black Glass. I love the simplicity of Black Bar and it does seem speediest. Colored notifications are much preferred by me.

I prefer the colored notifications as well

OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score
Sweet, I will absolutely keep the colored notifications. I will also try to have the pull down bar smoothed out a little. I understand it looks a little Android 1.5-6ish.

heleos

Reaction score
I love black bar because its exactly what it says it is. There are no new icons, and no ugly changes to the rest of the interface. I like that you have the same mindset as cvcps about not changing what doesn't need to be changed. Keep up the good work

OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcoming everyone, looking forward to providing you with a black bar replacement when Sapphire 1.0 drops!