ZodTTD´s Android Development Progess

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by MustangGT500, Mar 29, 2010.

1. MustangGT500

MustangGT500 DF News Team Premium Member

Hi Guys. Here i will inform you on the progress of zod´s work. Actually he dont haves a android device. that´s the biggest problem. So if you want to donate him a bit it sure will help. I will donate him off course. Here a chatlog from today.

andre: it would be very very nice if you finally answer me ;). the people are asking and asking me whats up with the android development of zodttd and i dont know what to tell them.

ZodTTD: Oh my! I was in Boston airport when you messaged me
    Just got back from a short weekend trip
    I will give it a shot. I need something to work on to take my mind off things.
    I rather start with a familiar emu than something as difficult to port as VLC though.

andre: hey no prob. i really understand if you have other things to do. but i start to think that you forget us laughs. gameloft has no ported their asphalt 5 iphone version to android is very cool.
    i meant has NOW ported

ZodTTD: lol, definitely haven't forgotten. Though not only is the Android platform new to me, so is it's methods of programming for it.
    I'm probably going to have to stick to the Nexus One or HTC Hero (Euro) to dev on

andre: yes i understand. i dont really know much about programing but google claimed that their new NDK 3 is easier to use for devs.

ZodTTD: I'll check out NDK 3, I heard it might be easier for me as well

andre: ok so right now you havn´t got a android device ? nexus would be great hero i think is a bit to old. nexus and droid are the fastest android devices actually. i really love my droid :D.

ZodTTD: I don't have a Nexus One at the moment. I'm going to see if I can get one real quick.
    So I should really focus on Android 2.0+
    I agree I will need either Droid/N1 performance for what I am porting

andre: ok. so you think emus would be easier to develope for android as the vlc thing ? whats harder on porting the vlc ?

ZodTTD: Hmm, I could try VLC first. It's just a TON of libraries that must be compiled. I like to get something up and running fast usually

andre: well you are the man :). you know what will be the best to start with i fully trust you.

ZodTTD: Pretty much as soon as I get either a Nexus One or Droid in my hands, I begin.
    I shouldn't pressure people into donating though. So I need to budget it in.

andre: yeah but donating for your work wouldnt be bad. do you have paypal adress for donate ? i will write it on our board.

ZodTTD: My paypal is zodttd
    err
    zodttd@zodttd.com …But I'll try to budget it today first

andre: ok. but still donating you would be worth it. i mean you spend many of your freetime for programing and i think doing this for free isnt really nice all the time :)

ZodTTD: I rather put something out first though to be fair.

andre: would be nice.
  2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

What does he develop?
  3. MustangGT500

i wrote it many times so i will explain it just shortly for those who really dont know, sorry.
    zod will develope for example n64 emu, psx emu and vlc player for android. there was a big petition and many threads about it. strange that you miss it. :) greets.
  4. Erron

Haha, sorry.

Id donate but I don't play games. And theres already a player that plays almost all formats for our phone.
  5. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Is this the same gentleman who produces the SNES/NES/etc. emulators for the jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch? If it is, I look forward to seeing what he brings to Andriod as he is a talented programmer.
  6. MustangGT500

yes he also brought n64 / psx and and vlc to iphone.

erron : i have YXflash too. but vlc wont hurt i think cause it will be free and maybe will run better.
  7. Erron

I dunno what yxflash is. I am using some japanese program I found on xda. But yes, the more the merrier!
  8. drummerq

drummerq New Member

Looking forward to this
  9. Andrwmorph

Andrwmorph New Member

Transportation Tycoon!
  10. maxohkc

maxohkc New Member

thanks for getting the forum ready

Wow this is awesome that you got the forum up and running. I know people will call me dumb for crappy controls but i would love to see the play station emulator up and running that would be epic. will gladly donate when i do see the n64 emu or playstation emu up and running
  11. Riddick

Riddick New Member

He should port the n64 and psx emulators and charge for them. Based on how popular the *oid emulators are I think he'd make quit a bit of cash, especially if they play well. Any reason the developer who did the *oid emulators we already have isn't interesting in doing one for n64 or playstation?

I guess VLC would be nice too but I haven't come across any video formats I couldn't already play.
  12. ClausG76

ClausG76 New Member

Most of the emulators might have been ported from other arm devices. I think a lot of them is from the GP2X. And there has to be a N64 emulator to port. Maybe Zodtd can port his own from iphone.
  13. maxohkc

maxohkc New Member

Is there any news on Zodttd's progress?
  14. MustangGT500

ill contact him tomorrow and let you know. well i dont want to stress him to much :D. but hes really interested. the biggest problem for him is actually to get a new android device. cause he dont get his old nexus one back soon.
  15. maxohkc

maxohkc New Member

alright thanks! i am real excited to know his progress!!!
  16. NVash

NVash New Member

Im curious as to how the PSX emulator will work. Would it run ISOs?
  17. MustangGT500

sure it would run isos how else should it work :). sorry zod was away this weekend (in florida cool :D) but now hes back home and he will talk to me after his work in 5 hours.
  18. maxohkc

maxohkc New Member

Did Zodttd email you back?
  19. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

vlc and mario 64, damn I can't wait
  20. MustangGT500

sorry yesterday the chat with zod had´nt fit. the time difference is a little problem and we dont email, we are chatting i like this a lot more than simply writing and waitin for answers and so on. but today i hope i will manage it to talk with him. as he came from work yesterday i already was asleep.