YouTube Live Streaming Comes to the Chromecast

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 8, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Although the implementation is limited to running from the desktop only, YouTube live streaming has now come to the Chromecast. It's interesting, because even though the Android app still reports an incompatibility with YouTube live streams, almost every live stream is actually working on the Chromecast.

In fact, there is reason to believe that this isn't quite official yet, because Google hasn't updated their support page to remove the limitation as it did for when they enabled private videos recently. Here's a quote with a few more details,

Thanks to the folks at AndroidPolice for sharing this info.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,822
    possible prelude to live nfl games?

[​IMG]

3. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +756
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    I highly doubt that. The NFL is way too overprotective of their stuff. You can't even say Superbowl or The Big Game because its trademarked. I'll enjoy watching the Google IO and a few other release announcements live when I happen to be at home those days but for the most part, I think its been their plan to bring it to the Chromecast and has finally been released.

4. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,822
    remember that story in the fall?
    Google Inc (GOOG): Google's Potential Acquisition Of The NFL Sunday Ticket Could Be A Game Changer - Seeking Alpha

I think there is some teeth to the fact we could start seeing live nfl games via stream. From the start they will probably be the scrub games but it is a food in the door. Now I think the google deal with nfl sunday ticket may have been more for google fiber but I do see in the very near future (within the next 2 season) live games streamed.