Yahoo mail app on Razr

BlueShadow

Reaction score
I had this working great. I attempted (unsuccessfully) to add another non yahoo mail account. Somehow I now have it so it will only check for mail when I open the app. I have looked everywhere for a setting I may have messed up. I can't find it. Any thoughts? Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cuervoman

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Have 3 yahoo mail accounts and it will only run 2. Sucks. My old droidx did it just fine.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I had this working great. I attempted (unsuccessfully) to add another non yahoo mail account. Somehow I now have it so it will only check for mail when I open the app. I have looked everywhere for a setting I may have messed up. I can't find it. Any thoughts? Thanks

I have the same problem. Have 3 yahoo mail accounts and it will only run 2. Sucks. My old droidx did it just fine.

Quick question for you both. Are you using the stock email app or have you downloaded the Yahoo Mail application from the Play Store? If you're using the stock app, you would gain considerable benefit from going to the custom Yahoo Mail app. It provides far more of the desktop functionality of Yahoo Mail than the stock app. As for having multiple mail accounts with it, since I haven't tried I can't say for sure if it does support more than one login at the same time, however it does support all the folders you set up on the Yahoo Mail, so you can be far more organized with it.

Good luck! ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Try this. Go to the home screen, then tap your Menu button, select Settings, then scroll to Accounts & sync . In there, you'll see your email client. Tap it and then you will see Account settings (or simply go to email, tap Menu and then Settings), tap that and you'll see the choices General and the specific email account(s). Tap the account(s) you wish to change polling for, and scroll down to "Inbox checking frequency". It may be grayed out and have the words "Automatic (Push)" below. If it does, then it recognizes that Yahoo pushes the email and so it doesn't need to poll.

In the case of the other accounts, that selection will allow you to specify the frequency of polling.

cuervoman

Reaction score
One is on the yahoo app itself. One on the "mail" app. It won't let me add another for some reason on the generic mail app. I also have a corporate sync that is working fine.
Guess what? I just tried it again and now have three yahoo mail accounts working.
However, they do not seem to be syncing correctly. I deleted some mail on my cuervoman yahoo account and it still is on the phone. I refresh and they are still on the phone.
Weird.

Last edited: