Yahoo Mail syncing and Razr...

arabstar1982

Reaction score
is anyone else having an issue getting Yahoo mail to sync? It first synced everything BUT my inbox even though inbox is supposed to sync in background, and then when I cleaned out my mailbox on the computer, now it won't sync anything - says its syncing, but it will not bring in the few emails in my inbox that I can see on the computer... Tried deleting and readding the account... any other suggestions? TIA

taxiron1

Reaction score
A lot of people are having this problem. It appears to be a Yahoo problem on the Razr. No answers yet.... sorry

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
well I am glad to know its not my individual phone then, because everything else seems great on it! thanks!

angel4451

Reaction score
They also no longer support AOL sub folders, which really sucks. They are blaming it on AOL. I need to be able to access my saved folders. So dumb.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

spyder560

Reaction score
not sure if youre using the Yahoo app or not but if not and youre using the Email app..go to Settings..disable the Push feature..enable the Fetch and make sure it lists Yahoo...give that a shot

ciliento

Reaction score
Same Issue re. Yahoo email loading in "email" icon on Droid Razr

I am having same issue w. yahoo email on droid.
Loaded in store upon getting phone, but inbox was showing limited amt. of emails... just fraction of them and latest date was about 1 mo. ago.
Was otp w. Vz tech support and they suggested removing and adding again... tried but was giving me a problem with signing in... later went to market to get app... installed perfect as opposed to setting up in "email" icon... but here's the catch-- you are limited w. controlling push settings. I like to manually retreive inbox while in wifi mode to conserve on data usage but no such setting on the app derived yahoo email...only in "email" icon can you do this.
Very frustrated as I had just paid a restocking fee to get out of Samsung Charge (bluetooth issues)... and now this. URGH!
If anyone has found a workaround w. adding it to "email" accounts icon...please share!
Thanks

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Definitely try K9 or the official Yahoo Mail app in the market. Last I heard, push doesn't work with Yahoo and you must use polling.

I highly recommend switching to another service, like gmail. Yahoo is a joke. I use it strictly as a throwaway email address.

angel4451

Reaction score
Try this instead

I am sure this could be related to the issue i had with AOL and not getting my subfolders: When you setup your email account, DO NOT PICK THE YAHOO icon. Rather set it up using the "other email".

I did this for Aol, and now i am able to get all my folders.

Try this for yahoo....let us know if this works.

Angel4451

ciliento

Reaction score
Angel4451 is right!

Yes Angel5541- you are absolutely correct,
Before I had a chance to log back into forum, I tried this for yahoo and it worked!
Seems like the default icons for major email providers have a glitch... selecting "other email" works perfectly!

I am sure this could be related to the issue i had with AOL and not getting my subfolders: When you setup your email account, DO NOT PICK THE YAHOO icon. Rather set it up using the "other email".

I did this for Aol, and now i am able to get all my folders.

Try this for yahoo....let us know if this works.

Angel4451