Xoom LED charging indicator not working.

miteeque50

Reaction score
Xoom charging indicator

Mine wasn't working either until I read above that the unit has to be off. Not just asleep. Now it works. The unit does not charge through USB due to the 12 volt power requirements of the larger unit. USB only provides 5 volts. I wish they has chosen a better charging plug though, but that's for another thread.

nimblejester

Reaction score
My xoom charging LED indicator always shows white, even it is 100℅ charged. No green light.

I went to best buy to replace my unit but three other unit I tested are same. Always white no green even it is fully charged.

I returned it to Best Buy and I got new unit from Verizon. THIS NEW XOOM DOES SAME THING. Charging indicate shows white even when it is fully charged. Am I really unlucky guy or do you guys have same problem?

Here is motorola support response

Dear

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

We are always gathering input from owners from calls, e-mails, the Web and other sources. I can't say for sure if this is known or common, but it will certainly be passed on. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department for any further research.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

???

ack theirs three different colors, found this in manual trying to fig out why liht wasn't on myself. unless something has changed.

kennyc

Reaction score
I believe this light only works with display off. I read somewhere that it should work as follows.

1. with the display off - confirm that the charging LED at the bottom middle front part of the device is on (it will be either red if less than 15% charge, white if the charge is between 15 to 95%, and green if it is over 95%).
2. with the display on - view the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the notification bar and look for the lightning bolt on the battery icon.

Nope. Not here. No light at all.

kennyc

Reaction score
Interesting... mine does not show unless the device is actually powered off. If the screen is simply off, no LED. Press and hold power, then power the device off, and the LED works. Odd.

AhA! Yes. That is true. If I actually TURN IT OFF e.g. power down the light comes on. But Damn! It lost all my browser tabs! :p

QuteMobile

Reaction score
All, the proper function

- There is a misprint in the manual on how it should work and the original post I posted to this thread is wrong, here is the proper function

1. Xoom does not charge through uUSB port at all under any circumstances and you should not plug in a charger to that port.
2. When Xoom is powered off (Not in sleep mode but completely off) and the battery is charging, the charging indicator lights white until 100%, and turns green when it is 100% charged. There is no Red light as previously indicated. The manual is incorrect. The proper function has been updated on their Web Site https://motorola-global-portal.custh...stant/g_id/368
3. When powered on the battery meter in the lower right is the indicator that shows it charging.
4. I believe also if powered up on the charger and the phone is locked that the display has a % of charge indicated.

Hope this helps