Xoom LED charging indicator not working.

cplus

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? From the manual:

While the battery is
charging, the
charging indicator
lights red when the
charge is less than
15%, white when
the charge is 15 - 95%, and green when greater than
95%.

Mine does not light up at all.

QuteMobile

Reaction score
I believe this light only works with display off. I read somewhere that it should work as follows.

1. with the display off - confirm that the charging LED at the bottom middle front part of the device is on (it will be either red if less than 15% charge, white if the charge is between 15 to 95%, and green if it is over 95%).
2. with the display on - view the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the notification bar and look for the lightning bolt on the battery icon.

daddyd302

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? From the manual:

While the battery is
charging, the
charging indicator
lights red when the
charge is less than
15%, white when
the charge is 15 - 95%, and green when greater than
95%.

Mine does not light up at all.

Mine doesn't light up either.... It also doesn't light up on the standard dock either...

jaykae

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue here, mine isn't lighting up either, but it does indeed charge...

millerjy

Reaction score
I did learn that it does not charge from USB it has its own charger. The verizon people didn't even know that, they were using a blackberry charger.

I just noticed when the device is powered off the light works.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

OP
cplus

cplus

Reaction score
I believe this light only works with display off. I read somewhere that it should work as follows.

1. with the display off - confirm that the charging LED at the bottom middle front part of the device is on (it will be either red if less than 15% charge, white if the charge is between 15 to 95%, and green if it is over 95%).
2. with the display on - view the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the notification bar and look for the lightning bolt on the battery icon.

Display on or off, the charging indicator does not light.

kdanielson

Reaction score
Interesting... mine does not show unless the device is actually powered off. If the screen is simply off, no LED. Press and hold power, then power the device off, and the LED works. Odd.

OP
cplus

cplus

Reaction score
Interesting... mine does not show unless the device is actually powered off. If the screen is simply off, no LED. Press and hold power, then power the device off, and the LED works. Odd.

Yep, charging indicator works when the device is powered down. I imagine it will be fixed in an update.

rtc1036

Reaction score
Mines not showing to be charging at all, powered on or off. No LED activity. I also am not getting the lightning bolt through the battery level indicator when on.

rtc1036

Reaction score
Turns out mine may have a problem. If I wiggle the connection, it charges. Very.sensitive and a crappy charging concept.

Xatt

Reaction score
This looks like a problem in the manual language. The Xoom charging indicator only shows up when it's powered off and plugged in.

SHWELL

Reaction score
Looks like you guyas figured it out.. The light is now for when it is off. But when the device is on, you have the indicator on the screen, so I cant see why there is a need to update it.

OP
cplus

cplus

Reaction score
Looks like you guyas figured it out.. The light is now for when it is off. But when the device is on, you have the indicator on the screen, so I cant see why there is a need to update it.

Obviously the benefit would be seeing the battery charging state at a glance or from a few feet away WITHOUT HAVING TO TURN THE SCREEN ON. My droid has a very handy charge lght that is white while charging and turns off when done. There is no reason for the indicator to work when off and to not work in sleep mode.

edwood666

Reaction score
My xoom charging LED indicator always shows white, even it is 100℅ charged. No green light.

I went to best buy to replace my unit but three other unit I tested are same. Always white no green even it is fully charged.

I returned it to Best Buy and I got new unit from Verizon. THIS NEW XOOM DOES SAME THING. Charging indicate shows white even when it is fully charged. Am I really unlucky guy or do you guys have same problem?

Here is motorola support response

Dear

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

We are always gathering input from owners from calls, e-mails, the Web and other sources. I can't say for sure if this is known or common, but it will certainly be passed on. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department for any further research.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

???