Xoom Charging indicator Always White, no Green or Red

edwood666

Reaction score
I know charging indicator only shows when XOOM is turned off. I am pointing different issue. Problem is indicator shows always white, even it is charged fully. No green or no red.

From manual,

While the battery is
charging, the
charging indicator
lights red when the
charge is less than
15%, white when
the charge is 15 - 95%, and green when greater than
95%.

I contacted motorola support 3 times and they are not helpful at all and I couldn't find any report for this matter in the forum.

Do your Xoom shows green when it is fully charged?

I checked three other unit in Best Buy and all are same - always white. And, I checked displayed unit in Verizon store and it shows green. So, I returned my Xoom to Best Buy and got New one from Verizon. However, it turns out new Verizon unit also shows always white, no green.

At this point, I am frustrated and I don't want to replace my unit again. However, I would like to know it is sofware bug or hardware defective.

Like I said earlier, motorola support doesn't give me straight answer.

Please post if your xoom charging indicator shows green when it is fully charged

Thanks

MrMan8

Reaction score
I got mine from Verizon and the indicator turns green when it's fully charged.

QuteMobile

Reaction score
The manual is incorrect. The proper function has been updated on their Web Site

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/utils/guided_assistant/g_id/368

When the device is powered off and the battery is charging, the charging indicator lights white until 100%, and turns green when it is 100% charged.

There is not Red light and the green light will only come on when it is fully charged. I am sure they will address this in future manual releases.

OP
E

edwood666

Reaction score
My Xoom always show white color, even in 100%. I left it for an hour after fully charged but no change, no green. Motorola xoom manufacture quality is inconsistent.