X2 with otterbox, best option for a car dock/mount

jacobbones

Reaction score
So just bought myself a new car and can once again take road trips without worry.

So since my X2 has navigation on it ill probly use that instead of tom tom.

But of course the x2 doesn't fit the official motorola dock that I bought, because I have an otterbox on the phone.
Taking it apart is a pain so Im looking for another option.

I bought one of those cheapo ones on ebay for 6 bucks couple years ago for a different phone, did its job but also fell apart soon after purchase to.

I saw this one on amazon
Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT Cup Holder Mount: Electronics

No suction cup to pop off when I hit a bump which I like, but its also in the cup holder which in my vehicle is down by the parking brake/shifer so might not be great idea.

Anyone got anything thats good? Any insight would be appreciated

bright2018

Reaction score
So just bought myself a new car and can once again take road trips without worry.

So since my X2 has navigation on it ill probly use that instead of tom tom.

But of course the x2 doesn't fit the official motorola dock that I bought, because I have an otterbox on the phone.
Taking it apart is a pain so Im looking for another option.

I bought one of those cheapo ones on ebay for 6 bucks couple years ago for a different phone, did its job but also fell apart soon after purchase to.

I saw this one on amazon
Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT Cup Holder Mount: Electronics

No suction cup to pop off when I hit a bump which I like, but its also in the cup holder which in my vehicle is down by the parking brake/shifer so might not be great idea.

Anyone got anything thats good? Any insight would be appreciated

I have the defender case for my x and I'm using the dock from my Garmin nuvi and it works great!

aefc83ce-c6ba-bf47.jpg

aefc83ce-c6d3-f458.jpg

Sent from my Cyanogenated DROIDX

TheJester34

Reaction score
^^That works? Sweet! I may grab another Defender so if I do I'll grab one of those. What size Nuvi do you have?

EDIT: How about something around 4.3"?

bright2018

Reaction score
^^That works? Sweet! I may grab another Defender so if I do I'll grab one of those. What size Nuvi do you have?

EDIT: How about something around 4.3"?

Yep, this is the best option that I've found for the defender case. I think mine is the 255w and it's about 2 yrs old. But I'm pretty sure that 4.3" would work.

Sent from my Cyanogenated DROIDX

Billy Droid

Reaction score
I'm looking too; bright, have you ever had any trouble with that popping off the windshield?
Thnx.