Adjustable Car Bracket Vent Style - $4.14 Amazon

JRING

Reaction score
Adjustable Car Bracket Vent Style - $4.14 Amazon (now $13.65)

edit - 7/28 amazon changed price to $13.65!

Bracketron PHV-202-BL Grip-iT GPS and Mobile Device Holder (Black) - $4.19 free shipping available

31V2s-ADr6L._AA300_.jpg

I am currently using this exact same style but made by Scosche.
I have the DroidX mounted in the horizontal position with the vent mount and it is secure. Simply place your droid in bracket and close foam lined arms around droid. You can vary the tension and also the angle on the mount. There is a button you depress to relieve the tension and the droid comes out quickly. Picked up a few of these to give to others. Also includes another mount with adhesive to place a more permanent mount location instead of using your vent.

Last edited:

flipnduc

Reaction score
shipping is 5.58 ..that kills it for me.

Wanna send me one of extras you bought?? :)

The Rick

Reaction score
I got two of these for me and the wife (both droidx)
Mine went on fine but I forgot her car has the stupid round scion air vents (obviously it won't really work, not much dash surface for a straight on 3m tape mount..)

For $14.xx shipped for two, its a heck of a deal still IMO. It seems to hold up my DX just fine. I really like the motorola mount but I can't seem to find a good place in my car for it that doesn't block the driving view in some way AND allows for audio and charging cables to be plugged in. If the motorola mount would attach to the air vent, I would just keep it even though it costs $40 retail

OP
JRING

JRING

Reaction score
Good value and I gave several as gifts for new droid users who really appreciated them and the functionality.

Here is another recent pic of one of the Bracketron mounts I gave as a gift.
droidxbracketron.jpg

ccartertn

Reaction score
I just paid $19.99 at Target for a Bracketron just like this! It has a ball/socket setup instead of the rotate left right setup that I assume yours is based on original picture.
What I don't like is that since the arm sticks out and the X is somewhat heavy, it bounces! You feel like you're moving along smoothly, but it is still moving! Plus, not sure if I like it right in front of the vent - it does keep the X cool, however.
Has anyone tried mounting with the tape or bracket and screws?
CC

OP
JRING

JRING

Reaction score
Actually the Bracketron's I purchased from Amazon is the ball/socket setup so the stock picture they have is actually incorrect.

Sorry you're having the bouncy probs with the bracket. All is well with the setups here. After seeing the other bracket installed on another car it was more solid then mine so I see how every vehicle may vary.

Let us know if you use the permanent bracket to solve your problem and how it works out for you.

ccartertn

Reaction score
Not really a problem...... Its just not perfect.
Just got back from an errand and had it in portrait vs. landscape. It did a little better.
Interestingly, I looked up 2 numbers I needed - 1 from a wbsite I knew, the other from one I searched for.
I never would've been able to do this before (this is my first smartphone).

I may move the bracket to the rightmost vent of the 2 center vents so I can still get some air on me. It is HOT here in TN.

CC

wrathletik

Reaction score
The vents in my car are vertical, would that be a problem with this item?

qoncept

Reaction score
Is there a dock with a built in charger yet? Plugging it in manually is fine for long trips, but I just don't do it for back-and-forth to work. I suppose I don't really need to for short trips.