Car Mount

Newps

Reaction score
I bought the Motorola branded car mount. The suction cup is atrocious, it simply doesn't hold. I am looking to cobble together a Ram mount, Ram's suction cups are far superior to the piece of crap Motorola sells. Does anybody know the diameter of the ball in the Motorola mount? Is there a ready made Ram mount for the Droid?

Sileem

Reaction score
I bought the Motorola branded car mount. The suction cup is atrocious, it simply doesn't hold. I am looking to cobble together a Ram mount, Ram's suction cups are far superior to the piece of crap Motorola sells. Does anybody know the diameter of the ball in the Motorola mount? Is there a ready made Ram mount for the Droid?
It should come with a suraface with tape on one side, it came with mine

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
I am attaching the suction cup to a window so there's no need for the little surface they send you and yes I'm quite sure how to operate a suction cup.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Newps,

There is a lever on the mount which needs to be engaged for the mount to be set correctly.

Mine hasnt moved since December when I bought it.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I could swing off of mine after engaging the lever.

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
Bye guys. I'm not interested in the Motorola mount. If you have an answer to my actual question please post

deadernie

Reaction score
I don't think the problem is motorola branded mounts, as mine works very well also. Did you try exchanging yours for a new one? Maybe its defective.

REMilk

Reaction score
Sorry, I do not know the diameter of the ball that is used for the Motorola Droid mount.

I have used the mount for my Magellan GPS and several different "universal" Braketron mounts. As long as the mount has at least 1 male T-prong, the holder from the Motorola car mount fits.

Bob

iPirate

Reaction score
I cannot help you with your issue but I have the motorola car mount and it has held strong from the day I put it on my window, around 6 months ago.

groovydeus

Reaction score
I don't think the problem is motorola branded mounts, as mine works very well also. Did you try exchanging yours for a new one? Maybe its defective.

I would agree - mine hasn't moved since I first installed (and my kids have tried to hang from it...).

killuhjason

Reaction score
OP, I have the same issue, im scared to mount my droid on it because it will randomly falll off my windshield...

do you live somewherewith extreme heat? ive noticed it tends to fall off faster in extreme heat (im in SWFL)

soulddenimplus

Reaction score
Only problem I have found is that the tape peels off the disc when it gets hot (replaced with better tape on 3 different mounts). But the suction cup can't be pulled off when engaged properly.