X2 Shuting Off

ck3jr

Reaction score
My moto x2 is shuting off during charging, what would cause this and is there a fix. This morning the LED light was on and the phone was off and I had to pull the battery to get it to come back on. Is this a phone issue or something to do with the gingerbread update? Also it not the 1st time it has happened.

gitarzan

Reaction score
Mine been doing that too. Several times an hour. I removed the battery, stuck it back in and it stopped for now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
Getting very frustrated with this whole thing. I had a thunderbolt and nothing but problems and know this with my x2 which is a refurbish one that I told Verizon I did not want.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My moto x2 is shuting off during charging, what would cause this and is there a fix. This morning the LED light was on and the phone was off and I had to pull the battery to get it to come back on. Is this a phone issue or something to do with the gingerbread update? Also it not the 1st time it has happened.

Could be the update. If so, a factory reset should take care of it. If not, its a problem with the phone itself.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
factory reset did if for me. Kinda a hassle to re-set up your home screens but hey more play time with your favorite toy!

Last edited:

Mrm362

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem with my Droid X2 which I purchased brand new 3 weeks ago. Every time I'd plug it into the charger, I couldn't use the touchscreen. Then, about a week ago, the phone started shutting off as soon as I connected it to the charger and the phone simply would not charge. So frustrating!!!

I was using my old droid charger, not the one that came with the Droid X2. I tried using the charger that came with the X2 and that fixed all my problems. I compared the two plugs and there is a big difference between them. Now I can use my phone while its charging and it hasn't shut off once.

Hope this helps some of you!

03civicdx

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem with my Droid X2 which I purchased brand new 3 weeks ago. Every time I'd plug it into the charger, I couldn't use the touchscreen. Then, about a week ago, the phone started shutting off as soon as I connected it to the charger and the phone simply would not charge. So frustrating!!!

I was using my old droid charger, not the one that came with the Droid X2. I tried using the charger that came with the X2 and that fixed all my problems. I compared the two plugs and there is a big difference between them. Now I can use my phone while its charging and it hasn't shut off once.

Hope this helps some of you!

That's weird my of DROID charger is the same as the one that came with my x2 same model number and all.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums