Wrong Contact Thumbs Appear when Calling

Metalunna

Reaction score
Hi,
I've noticed something odd since I got my Droid a few weeks ago.

When going through my contact list, all of the thumbnails are good (ie. they match up), however, sometimes when I select someone to call, and the dialing screen appears, someone else's picture comes up on the screen.

It's not really a big deal, but it gets scary when I call my wife, and my Boss's picture shows up ( Yes, I get it...she is the real boss...but you get what I mean)

Info:
I have synched contacts with Facebook and Google. So far, all of the data is correct and as stated, the contact list icons are correct. It's only when I actually start the call that the wrong icons come up.

Any ideas?

baniels

Reaction score
Do some of the contacts share numbers? Like work numbers for instance?

OP
M

Metalunna

Reaction score

That's what I thought it was too, but unfortunately, some times it's for people and numbers who aren't even close (ie. I called my grandma for her birthday and the icon for my local diner came up)

OP
M

Metalunna

Reaction score

That's what I thought it was too, but unfortunately, some times it's for people and numbers who aren't even close (ie. I called my grandma for her birthday and the icon for my local diner came up)

Note that my grandma only has one number and the diner only has one number. They are both different, and both appear normally when viewing in the contact list.

baniels

Reaction score
Does you grandma like to eat at the diner? :)

My first guess would be Facebook has messed things up. I have no Android basis for this, but I have bad memories of what FB contact sync did to my Blackberry. It was just poorly implemented, and once there, difficult to get rid of.

May be something else, but that would be my first thought.