Wreckless Racing => New racing game for android

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I'm hoping and wishing too, but I despise EA and everything they do. The game looks fantastic, and I really want to play it, but it wouldn't be worth playing on my touch, it's sooo slow, lol.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, keep the faith brother. Don't forget, even EA has some good games for Android now, FIFA '10 and Need For Speed: Shift (although Shift is still technically Droid X exclusive for awhile) - there's no reason not to publish this since it's basically been written for Android already. We just have to keep our fingers crossed that the media was just so iOS happy that they neglected to mention Android. I will say that i've noticed, Android games don't get much media attention yet.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I noticed that the page you (Dave) linked to has been updated since you posted it with some extremely minor things, and it kept the Android info there... I emailed the developer and got a quick reply:
Pixelbite said:
Thank you for your kind words. The game is still coming to the Android marketplace. EA is only our publisher for iPhone and iPad. The Android version is being published by Polarbit, and they are trying to match the EA release which should be in the beginning of August.

So excited again, haha :)

I don't know if any other folks are reading the TouchArcade thread, what a bunch of whiny idiots saying they'll pirate it because of the delays...

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Now that I have the DX I really want this game. Should look stunning on the display.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the page you (Dave) linked to has been updated since you posted it with some extremely minor things, and it kept the Android info there... I emailed the developer and got a quick reply:
Pixelbite said:
Thank you for your kind words. The game is still coming to the Android marketplace. EA is only our publisher for iPhone and iPad. The Android version is being published by Polarbit, and they are trying to match the EA release which should be in the beginning of August.

So excited again, haha :)

I don't know if any other folks are reading the TouchArcade thread, what a bunch of whiny idiots saying they'll pirate it because of the delays...

Ahhhhhh..... Just as I expected (given Pixelbite's history releasing on Android) - Thanks for taking the time to check directly with the developer, though. This is great news.

As for these idiots who want to pirate the game just because it's been delayed - it's people like this who are gonna make Android devs not want to develop new stuff. People, just PAY for the damn app already. You can build quite a nice library of games via the marketplace for the price of 1 or 2 PSP/DS games.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
The idiots on TouchArcade are iPod/iPhone owners, lol.

I wonder if we'll get the extra two tracks that the iPad gets?

td854

Reaction score
So is this turning into vaporware or what? Seems like it's taking way too long to be released, i mean how long has in been in "quality assurance" or whatever now? :/

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Should be out before the end of August for iPhone and iPad, and according to the devs, around the same time for Android. Can't wait :)

kevenz

Reaction score
Wow android is actually getting a game that look decent for once :)

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
Not so fast.

Looks like EA just took over publishing this game from Pixelbite. Also every website I found that has any information does not even mention Android as a platform that will be supported anymore. Looks like EA is only planning to release Reckless Racing on iPad and iPhone now. I was really looking forward to this one too.

Reckless Racing, A Modern Day RC Pro-Am Coming To iPad
Reckless Racing First Look - iPhone News at IGN
'Reckless Racing' is Alive and Well – Now From EA | Touch Arcade

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i believe EA will release it for android too. android is too much common actually and im sure they dont wanna miss the money from the android users :D

dakoop

Reaction score
Android is supposed to pass Iphone apps soon. Why would they axe the biggest star on the rise?