Wreckless Racing => New racing game for android

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
Since nobody is actually reading this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ng-new-racing-game-android-10.html#post675715

Yes, It's still coming to Android. Calm down.

We have been reading the thread the whole time. Been following this game since back in March. You took our comments out of context.

What we were trying to say was there still has not been a single mention on any of these "mobile gaming" sites confirming that Reckless Racing is still coming to Android (Since the change to EA publishing the game). The only confirmed platform is iPad now, some of those sites are even speculating if the game will even be released on iPhone right away. If this gets released through Pixelbite onto the Android market, I hope the multiplayer still works with iOS users.

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
What we were trying to say was there still has not been a single mention on any of these "mobile gaming" sites confirming that Reckless Racing is still coming to Android (Since the change to EA publishing the game). The only confirmed platform is iPad now, some of those sites are even speculating if the game will even be released on iPhone right away. If this gets released through Pixelbite onto the Android market, I hope the multiplayer still works with iOS users.

What DocWalt is trying to tell you is that he personally emailed Pixelbite a few weeks ago, and was personally told it is coming to Android for sure, just not through EA. Just because most of the mobile gaming sites essentially ignore Android doesn't mean it's not coming.

Word direct from the developer means much more, IMHO.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IIRC there are quite a few Android games from EA that EA doesn't mention on its sites.

Wreckless Racing => New racing game for android
Funny how often these words are interchanged by people but wreckless (without wrecks) nearly means the opposite of reckless (careless/without caution).

In other words, reckless racing isn't likely to be wreckless.

Last edited:

td854

Reaction score
Should be out before the end of August for iPhone and iPad, and according to the devs, around the same time for Android. Can't wait :)

September now and still nothing. E-mailed pixelbite and never got a response.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Should be out before the end of August for iPhone and iPad, and according to the devs, around the same time for Android. Can't wait :)

September now and still nothing. E-mailed pixelbite and never got a response.

I saw the thread for Angry Birds, tried it out and recalled this was "coming soon" so went to check on this thread.

pixelbite - news - last updated at the end of May.

Just my opinion but I've seen vaporware before. If the holdup really is Apple taking 4 months to ok an app then Pixelbite should rethink how they want to release this.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
EA sucks, lol. I'm sure Pixelbite isn't allowed to release the Android version until the iPhone version comes out, which all depends on EA. They just released Mirror's Edge, so I don't expect anything soon. :(

td854

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything yet? seems like this game fell off the face of the earth. approaching the end of September and haven't heard so much as a peep from here or review sites or the devs or publishers websites.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything yet? seems like this game fell off the face of the earth. approaching the end of September and haven't heard so much as a peep from here or review sites or the devs or publishers websites.

Reckless Racing has been released!

Thanks Polarbit, for releasing this cool game...on the Palm phones.

Wish it was for Android, but maybe we aren't far off?

Originally Posted by Pixelbite
Thank you for your kind words. The game is still coming to the Android marketplace. EA is only our publisher for iPhone and iPad. The Android version is being published by Polarbit, and they are trying to match the EA release which should be in the beginning of August.

Reckless Racing - Polarbit | appSpotlight | webOSroundup
Release Date: 9/14/2010
Last Update: 9/17/2010
Version: 1.0.0
Downloads: 33
Devices: Palm Pre, Palm Pixi
Installed Size: 41.29 Megs
Min OS: webOS 1.4.5

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it says early 2010 Any ideas when it will be out ?

I will take on All challengers

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it says early 2010 Any ideas when it will be out ?

I will take on All challengers

Early 2010, Spring, June, August....who knows. They have to have one of the worst marketing departments I have ever seen. This won't be the first piece of vaporware I've followed and this does look like it will see the light of day, but I'm already prepping myself for a let down just in case it isn't all it is being set up to be.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
*LOL* The only thing I can't believe is it was supposed to come out on iOS and Android simultaneously. I never even saw a mention made of a Pre version. And now, the only platform that currently has it is the Pre.

WTF is it with the Pre getting all of the good games first? I didn't even think the Pre was all that popular?

Same thing happened with X-Plane mobile. It's been out for months for the Pre, yet Android is still waiting (with no release in site, according to their support person)