Working RUU to revert back to unrooted stock?

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just to clear up any confusion, I used the RUU to revert back to stock GB without doing S-Off no problem. I was unlocked and rooted, and after relocking used this RUU to unroot. Returned to Verizon and haven't heard anything since.

Not sure if this is what you referring to Tha...

acejavelin

Reaction score
Yes, with AC charger (original or non original) it charges very well and fast... something is def wrong, can you believe that after my last post, I left work at 4:30 and battery was fully charged... I rebooted the phone and only used it to receive 2 text messages, and send 2 text messages. the temp went up to 115 degrees, and by 6PM, the phone died at while the battery was at 2%

1 and a half hour of fully standby :(
ok, I'll reflash RUU twice like suggested...

do I do factory reset even though Im flashing RUU?
Charging from a PC will be MUCH slower than charging from the adapter, that part is normal.

Something is chewing up battery, did you install or change anything after installing the RUU (it should have done a factory default in the process)?

Did you install GSam Battery Monitor to see what was using the battery? With that kind of standby drain the culprit app should stand out like a sore thumb, In GSam select App Usage, then change the drop down to display "View Time Held Awake" to see what is keeping the from sleeping.

Think it is possible you have a bad battery?

Tha187um

Reaction score
Just to clear up any confusion, I used the RUU to revert back to stock GB without doing S-Off no problem. I was unlocked and rooted, and after relocking used this RUU to unroot. Returned to Verizon and haven't heard anything since.

Not sure if this is what you referring to Tha...

Yeah thanks, that's actually what i did and backfired lol however I went to the latest Stock RUU which is the global, and without S-OFF I cannot go to an older one :( but I think Im back up and running.

Tha187um

Reaction score
Charging from a PC will be MUCH slower than charging from the adapter, that part is normal.

Something is chewing up battery, did you install or change anything after installing the RUU (it should have done a factory default in the process)?

Did you install GSam Battery Monitor to see what was using the battery? With that kind of standby drain the culprit app should stand out like a sore thumb, In GSam select App Usage, then change the drop down to display "View Time Held Awake" to see what is keeping the from sleeping.

Think it is possible you have a bad battery?

Yeah I know that, but I dont think the phone being on idle should drain faster than what the USB Port charges it... either way, damn, I paid for an app that i thought did what GSAM does, GSAM is GREATTTTT Thanks for the recommendation...

I should have installed it just to know what was going on, but I had a long day today and I didnt want to be without a phone, so last night I wiped the CRAP out of everything, even removed SD card (though irrelevant) and I didn't use the RUU, I loaded RUU_ICS_Global_Plus_4.03.605.2_v.1.2_odexed
and check this out :)
not the best but amazing compared to how it was before... and by the way, remember I had VZW send me a new battery, but it was the same with either one

2012-09-15_17-17-32.png

Thanks again for all the tips. I'll be adding apps back little by little.

acejavelin

Reaction score
That actually seems semi-normal, perhaps a little low, but it is depending on signal strength (can make a HUGE difference) and app usage, you can tap into each of the categories and see what's up, for example, tap into Phone Radio to see how good your signal reception is, or pop into Screen and see how much power the screen takes on what settings, etc. I am typically in areas of excellent signal strength and I use a Task Manager to keep stale tasks closed, and I get about 2-3 hours screen time and 20-22 hours of life on a standard battery. Although if I am working in area with poor signal, the battery doesn't make it through the day at times.

Might want to consider an extended battery, or a second standard battery to carry around.