Problems with RUU leak and Error [170]

joezek

Reaction score
I downgraded to original radio 1.x and original software etc. The phone is stock, unrooted, s-ON, etc. I am running windows 7. I downloaded and ran the RUU update and it loads, runs, and the first thing it does is installs some new bootloader. Windows then decides it's time to reboot because of this new Bootloader. At the same time, a box comes on the screen saying Error [170] USB connection failure.

I tried a million things with no luck, so moved to the laptop. All went well until it began installing some bootloader, now I have the same ****ing problem. WTF? I decided to try my old phone, I still haven't returned. Same thing, and that phones stock too, except it's S-off.

I tried using XP compatibility mode, no luck. Seems like its computer related since it tried working when I switched to the laptop.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to your temp folder and grab the rom.zip. It will be in a folder with a huge number. I suggest goin into your temp folder and delete everything then run the ruu. It will download the files to the temp folder and will be easier to find. Grab the rom.zip and rename so that it is PB31IMG.zip and put on root of sd card. Boot into hboot and the phone will do the work for you.

Make sure your sd is formatted to fat32. And to get to the temp folder do run and type %temp%

OP
joezek

joezek

Reaction score
the temp folder is in the sd card too? Right now something wierd is happening, and it's not showing the main root folder of the phone, it only shows the SD card drive. windows isnt recognizing both now for some reason.