1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Won't stop combining two friends into a single contact.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by liimegreeen, Mar 16, 2010.

1. liimegreeen

liimegreeen New Member

I have these two friends, Maggie P. and Megan P., who would normally be one after the other in my contacts list. However, my Droid won't stop combining them into a single person with 2 phone numbers. I deleted both of their info and tried repeatedly to enter it in again afresh. Entering Maggie's info went smoothly, but when I entered Megan's and hit "Done", my phone said "contact saved" with Maggie's name on the screen. I even checked, but there was no Megan contact. My phone has been this way for as long as I have had it. Is this something I need to take up with Verizon? I do not have any other problems with my contacts as far as I know.
  2. allikanbe

allikanbe Member

Click on Maggie's contact info. Click on Menu. Click Edit Contact. Click Menu again. Click Separate.
  3. liimegreeen

liimegreeen New Member

Thanks for the tip, I just did that! Now they are two separate contacts. But when either of them texts me, my Droid says it's from "Meg", and I don't even have a contact named Meg, though I used to. Do I need to reinstall my Handcent messaging?
  4. allikanbe

allikanbe Member

I don't really know, but I would open Maggie's contact info and edit the name to MsMaggie or something and then try it. If that works, then I would change MsMaggie back to what you want her to be called.
Search tags for this page

android stop merging contacts

stop combining videos into one galaxy