Won't stop combining two friends into a single contact.

liimegreeen

Reaction score
I have these two friends, Maggie P. and Megan P., who would normally be one after the other in my contacts list. However, my Droid won't stop combining them into a single person with 2 phone numbers. I deleted both of their info and tried repeatedly to enter it in again afresh. Entering Maggie's info went smoothly, but when I entered Megan's and hit "Done", my phone said "contact saved" with Maggie's name on the screen. I even checked, but there was no Megan contact. My phone has been this way for as long as I have had it. Is this something I need to take up with Verizon? I do not have any other problems with my contacts as far as I know.

allikanbe

Reaction score
I have these two friends, Maggie P. and Megan P., who would normally be one after the other in my contacts list. However, my Droid won't stop combining them into a single person with 2 phone numbers. I deleted both of their info and tried repeatedly to enter it in again afresh. Entering Maggie's info went smoothly, but when I entered Megan's and hit "Done", my phone said "contact saved" with Maggie's name on the screen. I even checked, but there was no Megan contact. My phone has been this way for as long as I have had it. Is this something I need to take up with Verizon? I do not have any other problems with my contacts as far as I know.
Click on Maggie's contact info. Click on Menu. Click Edit Contact. Click Menu again. Click Separate.

OP
L

liimegreeen

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I just did that! Now they are two separate contacts. But when either of them texts me, my Droid says it's from "Meg", and I don't even have a contact named Meg, though I used to. Do I need to reinstall my Handcent messaging?

allikanbe

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I just did that! Now they are two separate contacts. But when either of them texts me, my Droid says it's from "Meg", and I don't even have a contact named Meg, though I used to. Do I need to reinstall my Handcent messaging?

I don't really know, but I would open Maggie's contact info and edit the name to MsMaggie or something and then try it. If that works, then I would change MsMaggie back to what you want her to be called.