Wireless tether Q.

hoop762

Reaction score
Don't know about barnacle specifically...try it and find out.

I use wireless tether v2.0.7 with fantastic results...and no, in my experience the big V wont charge you extra for using it.

Sent from my DInc using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 and I have done several theme variations of it too :)
If you're referring to the 3G Mobile Hotspot, its $20 per month for 2GB.

I use wireless tether v2.0.7 with fantastic results...and no, in my experience the big V wont charge you extra for using it.

Sent from my DInc using DroidForums App

DroidForums Junkie!!

hunt9270

Reaction score
Im running the Fusion Ice rom as well. Ive had it for 3-4 days now. I know that the wifi tether app that you can download from the market does not work with that rom. The barnacle wifi tether may, i have not tried it. But theres really no need to install either since you can just go into the settings and turn on/off the hotspot from there. I actually downloaded a widget to turn it on/off from the home screen which makes it much easier. And as far as getting charged extra from verizon goes, if you signed up with them for the hotspot service then yes you pay extra.But if you just root your phone, which you obviously have, then you can wifi tether w/out extra charge. Im actually on my laptop right now using the wifi from my phone. It works great. So no you will not just automatically be charged extra by verizon. Hope that helps!

hunt9270

Reaction score

I use wireless tether v2.0.7 with fantastic results...

so now i have a question. i tried to use wireless tether app and whenever i do it always gives me an error and will not allow me to use the hotspot at all when i have that app installed. Do you know why that might be?

OP
S

snowgod06

Reaction score
Im running the Fusion Ice rom as well. Ive had it for 3-4 days now. I know that the wifi tether app that you can download from the market does not work with that rom. The barnacle wifi tether may, i have not tried it. But theres really no need to install either since you can just go into the settings and turn on/off the hotspot from there. I actually downloaded a widget to turn it on/off from the home screen which makes it much easier. And as far as getting charged extra from verizon goes, if you signed up with them for the hotspot service then yes you pay extra.But if you just root your phone, which you obviously have, then you can wifi tether w/out extra charge. Im actually on my laptop right now using the wifi from my phone. It works great. So no you will not just automatically be charged extra by verizon. Hope that helps!

HAHA i didnt even think to look in settings for it. I should have figured it was built into the ROM. Thanks for your information.

Also thank you everyone else who has responded, got my info and am a very happy person now.

-snowgod06