Wireless Tether help

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
My D2 is rooted and I'm running GummJar and all that. I really wanna be able to use wireless tether. I have looked at all kinds of tutorials on how to use it but no matter what I do, it doesn't work. I turn it on and under "download" it only says 0.4 kb. I know that's not right and of course no devices can pick up a signal. Any clue what the deal is?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried changing the channel?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Im having trouble with wireless tether as well. My connection keeps dropping every minute or so and I always have to stop tethering and then start it again.

Sent from Droid Incredible via Droidforums app

J

Johnly

Barnacle. Been running them both for a LONG time. Barnacle seems more reliable to me. D1 and X. Ad hock channels? If it is crazy ad hock over there, but unlikely unless several ad hocks are running in your air.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Barnacle. Been running them both for a LONG time. Barnacle seems more reliable to me. D1 and X. Ad hock channels? If it is crazy ad hock over there, but unlikely unless several ad hocks are running in your air.

I installed Barnacle and I can't even connect to it...

running Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.

J

Johnly

Boot that PC and then boot that droid, then connect

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Boot that PC and then boot that droid, then connect

Tried, doesn't even connect. It shows a connection but with the Triangular Warning symbol.

Wireless Tether works on and off for me...keeps disconnecting at random time though (so far 5 minutes with no problems)

J

Johnly

That means you are hooked bro! That symbol is gold with barnacle. Just open a browser and run.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That means you are hooked bro! That symbol is gold with barnacle. Just open a browser and run.

So a connection error symbol on win7 means i'm connected to barnacle? (sorry forgot to mention where i saw the symbol.

I open a browser and it goes nowhere... /sigh wireless tether disconnected again

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Make sure your IP is on barnacles client list, easy.

doesn't even show up on the client list. let me try restarting again, maybe that'll help...

wifi tether seems to be working better than usual though...