Tethering help.

sugminkuk

Reaction score
Ok here's the deal, I've been tethering droid to laptop to my ps3 using pdanet and easytethering switching. Been doing it for atleast a month now no problems was awesome. 2 days now I can not connect to psn (playstation network) get connects all net access all that I've tried using manual dsns turning media off disabling the upnp nothing works. Playstation tech doesn't support tethering so they told me to f off lol. Anyone got suggestions anything helps. I haven't yet rooted my phone would this possibly be the soultion?

Sent from my DROID2

Dustin.

Reaction score
Unless something is blocking something maybe a port, or an IP Address not allowing your PC to connect to it.

My solution would to try to setup a Network Bridge. You may be able to use a Ethernet Cable, but I would check into using a CAT5 Crossover Cable.

Or another solution would be to just root your device with z4Root and download WiFi Tether from the Market and eliminate your wired tether and completely disregard the need for your computer.

OP
S

sugminkuk

Reaction score
I've bridged networked everything its almost as if psn is blocking my ap I've figured if I went wifi rooting it will work but I was trying to figure out wether I can get it to work without rooting thx for posting though much appreciated the crossover cable would be used with a router plus the other items it would work due to it eliminating the ap of my droid and allow the router to be the ap

Sent from my DROID2

Dustin.

Reaction score
Crossover Cables are not meant for routers.. They are meant for a second Ethernet slot on your PC to share a connection.. Lol, just saying.

But no there is no way to WiFi Tether for free without rooting, but you can use z4Root to do a temporary root to tether your PS3.

OP
S

sugminkuk

Reaction score
Ahhh I suppose I will do the rooting thx

Sent from my DROID2