Wireless Tether Fix/Work Around

Oaklands

Reaction score
I have run the fix from droidrazrroot.com and can connect fine. However, any web page I load stops after partially loading and I can't go to any web sites at that point. The only way I am able to tether reliably is by using Wi-Fi Tether. It seems something is stopping me. Any ideas?

Agrajag

Reaction score
I can't believe how messy this one on the RAZR. I ran any of the apps easily on my original Droid but with this I went through the default app (after sqllite), barnacle, open garden and a few others. None of them worked for me reliably until this process. Still not optimal. It'd be great to just have it work and work with any settings I desire. I like open with access control.

jacobjer

Reaction score
Has anyone tried (and had success with) wifi tether 3.1 beta 7?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M
Reaction score

I dont know whether or not the beta7 is the same as the one i upgrade to. Im on 3.1 pre105. Has the profile for Droid Razr. Heres the link from Android Police.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/11/24/download-latest-android-wi-fi-tether-3-1-update-finally-brings-inactivity-shutdown-stops-turning-off-bluetooth-on-start/

Now It might be an upgrade from the from the pre105. Let me check....

OP
M
Reaction score

Updated again from the 3.1 pre105 to 3.1 beta7. Seems to work fine. Tethering to my now not so happy DX looking at its bigger cousin..... will run a few days and see what happens. I am looking for info now if anyone can help....

Im tethering to my Xbox(time warner sucks and I havent paid them for cheap services) and Im trying to resolve my moderate sometimes strict NAT settings. Someone said to enable Routing Fix. Ive tried that and it still has issues. Goal is trying to get it as a Open NAT but since tethering is not a conventional router where I can go into the system and change some settings, im trying to see if theres a work around on this. Same on PS3...

Any help will do...

jacobjer

Reaction score
Running out of ideas

3.1 or even the 104 and 105 experimental doesn’t matter what I use I can’t actually get any download speed. I’ve done everything I can see as far as tricks (shutdown at task manager then reopen, enable / disable routing fix, etc) and it may work once. When I shut it down and try and run wifi tether again it doesn’t work. I would say of the 100 times and 3 or 4 versions I’ve ran it’s only worked a handful of times. Every time I think “got it” shut it down and same deal just hangs with .04kps download speed (aka nothings happening). I even got desperate and unrooted it – then did a factory reset and then rooted it again (SQL Editor Method). Then tried again still noting…and yes I could use the stock hot spot application, but like most people I have issues with certifications and can’t access many sites. I was advised by Verizon that they’re aware and the update that’s coming the first quarter of the New Year should have a fix for that.
The part that perplexes me is reading how people are having success and I’m trying the same thing and can’t get the same results. Suggestions are welcomed.

Android Version 2.3.5

Currently trying to make 3.1 pre 105 Wifi Tether Work

Device Profile: Razr
Setup Method: Didn’t change left in auto
Wifi Encryption Enabled
Passpharse: Changed to an 8 character password I decided on
SSID – Didn’t change
Channel – 6, have tried 1 and 11 also
Don’t disable Bluetooth – unchecked
Automatic Shutdown – unchecked
Change Lan – unchanged
Routing Fix – have tried both – currently unchecked
Preferred DNS – didn’t change
Alternate DNS – didn’t change

I’ve reinstalled binaries / configs – basically done everything I can think of.
I’m I missing something?

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I can't get it to work either...I used sql editor and changed the value ..no luck what so ever ...tried many different versions of tether and the hotspot ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jacobjer

Reaction score
I can tether with my stock app...just cant get then wifi tether app to work...

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I got it working with the stock app too, but it seems to shut off and turn itself back on.....I don't need it I probably use it once a month...if that ...but I like to have it for the rare occasion my wifi or power is out...its come in handy ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
M
Reaction score
3.1 or even the 104 and 105 experimental doesn’t matter what I use I can’t actually get any download speed. I’ve done everything I can see as far as tricks (shutdown at task manager then reopen, enable / disable routing fix, etc) and it may work once. When I shut it down and try and run wifi tether again it doesn’t work. I would say of the 100 times and 3 or 4 versions I’ve ran it’s only worked a handful of times. Every time I think “got it” shut it down and same deal just hangs with .04kps download speed (aka nothings happening). I even got desperate and unrooted it – then did a factory reset and then rooted it again (SQL Editor Method). Then tried again still noting…and yes I could use the stock hot spot application, but like most people I have issues with certifications and can’t access many sites. I was advised by Verizon that they’re aware and the update that’s coming the first quarter of the New Year should have a fix for that.
The part that perplexes me is reading how people are having success and I’m trying the same thing and can’t get the same results. Suggestions are welcomed.

Android Version 2.3.5

Currently trying to make 3.1 pre 105 Wifi Tether Work

Device Profile: Razr
Setup Method: Didn’t change left in auto
Wifi Encryption Enabled
Passpharse: Changed to an 8 character password I decided on
SSID – Didn’t change
Channel – 6, have tried 1 and 11 also
Don’t disable Bluetooth – unchecked
Automatic Shutdown – unchecked
Change Lan – unchanged
Routing Fix – have tried both – currently unchecked
Preferred DNS – didn’t change
Alternate DNS – didn’t change

I’ve reinstalled binaries / configs – basically done everything I can think of.
I’m I missing something?

Here's what I'm seeing that alot of ppl have pointed out to me and I tell them not to do it. I'm am currlty on my transformer writing this with my Razr tethering by the way. SQL editing is good if you plan on using the the stock app. The idea was to use stock with out the need to use wireless tether. What I've seen and witness on other Razrs is that on complete stock just firing up let you because not rooted. When rooted does start but incorrect profile not working blah blah blah no go. But 100% percent of the time that I've seen this work is when you start it up and you look at your notification bar you'll see the stock app start up. Once wireless tether complete starts up it will follow away though. What ppl are showing me and what I have reproduced so many times now with editing for stock app that it won't allow the wireless tether to work. In a sense you want wireless tether to hijack the stock app for start up but ten kills itself and wireless tether runs from it. Confirm this by non editing vs editing mas are what happens. Maybe I'm missing something

OP
M
Reaction score
And sorry for the delays to post the video up. Work sucks and I'm one of the Americans in la that doesn't have power.... stupid wind..... or what I keep telling everyone.... WE'VE BEEN EMP'D ELECTRONICS OR DOWN!!!!!!

kb3awq

Reaction score
I just think it is ridiculous that Verizon can legal charge for a service you are already paying for. What is the difference if I use the internet on my phone or if I use my laptop connected to my phone for internet, either way I am using the internet that I pay for on my equipment. Seems like fraud or internet double jeopardy to me..

jacobjer

Reaction score
Changed my entitlement check to 1 from zero...restarted ...turned wireless tethering and the stock app poped up in the notification box?

jacobjer

Reaction score
I haven't put much time into making this work...when I have the free time to mess with it and it's going strong I'll advise on what did the trick. Appreciate all the help too...you guys are great thanks :).

210droid

Reaction score
My opinion...the hotspot sucks. Clear is twice as fast on my laptop, but 4g lte is even faster on the razr. WTF

xXxDroidRazR210